My first engine, a Hoglet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! That's great. What a feeling of accomplishment that must be. Congratulations.

Hi Ove.
Congrat. I had å feeling something going on.
Realy nice work.
The sound of a Vtwin do me good.
Call You when I'm home for the weekend.
Bård .

The very first attempt starting and she started. Congrats!!!!

Still trying to figure why my very first IC engine just won't start. Not giving up yet.Just taking a break. Or you call it tactical or strategic retreat.
Plan to rebuild engine from scratch.

Just a note for anyone building this on a small lathe , instead of doing as Ove has done and using brass plate to make the flywheels, obtain a short length of hollow cast bronze and that way the outside, inside and one face can be machined by holding in a 4" chuck, swap it end for end and do the second flywheel. Then saw down the middle and just face off the saw cuts still holding buy the inside.

The bronze is also heavier than brass thats why its specified.

J
Hi Jason, I appreciate that this is a very old post but could you recommend a supplier of short length hollow cast bronze? I'm struggling to find some without having to pay well over £100.
Cheers
Andrew

Andrew, I have often found it cheaper to buy standard 660 bronze and drill it out. Seems counter-intuitive, but I guess the procedure to produce it in hollow form must cost more than the raw material.

Andrew, I have often found it cheaper to buy standard 660 bronze and drill it out. Seems counter-intuitive, but I guess the procedure to produce it in hollow form must cost more than the raw material.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back