My First Beam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esteam

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just finished my latest project. Gerry's Beam Engine is also my first beam engine. I shot her video but it's a dvd file and in ".vob" format and also it's so long. I'm gonna cut it and share with you in a few days.

I hope you like her photos.

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

http://gs178.photobucket.com/groups/w277/M4C1IDCIMJ/?action=view&current=DSC02689.jpg

Best regards

Erdem

Very nice looking engine. Thanks for sharing.
Mel

Beautiful work Erdem.
I remember the last one.
But no fair! We want to see build pics too!

Great looking Engine, Erdem. Nice work.

Chuck

That's a nice piece of work, Erdem, as usual. Looking forward to the video.

Rudy

Sure do like that flywheel, and the rest is looking marvelous too.

Great job Erdem!!! I will be starting this one myself in 2x scale.

Matt

Wow, that looks stunning - great job.

But as Zee has said, I'd love to see build pics too.

Nicely done Erdem...also looking forward to the video.

Bill

Erdem,

Magnificent. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Thank you for your comments. I didn't take any photo when I work on this engine. I don't know why but I think I'm a little lazy for that :)

But I have the following photos. I took that pictures when I finished some parts.

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

p.s. Matt, I'm waiting for your x2 scale engine photos.

Regards

Erdem

thats nice. i like all the brass. ive built an alot less shiny version in 2x here http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=6503.0 my connecting rod is also too heavy forthe counterweight. i see you fliped the bell crank for the valve over also. how do you keep the timing even on the up/down stroke with a 90deg bellcrank and the eccentric rod at an angle? i really like the vertical paralell links. good work.

Finally I learned how I embed my photos and videos :D

That's why added a new video.

Enjoy

Erdem

Nice job very nice looking engine!
I was hoping to have mine done by this last friday but am a long ways from there. I'm working on 2 one for a birthday (belated) birthday gift.
I like all the brass and that fly wheel!
Anyway nice job keep up the good work.

Nice runner, Erdem.

I like the placement of the mirror to see the engine from all angles.

Esteam,

I am building the same engine only I do it for my own relaxion. I may take a year to build it but I do enjoy watching you're engine run. I was hoping to have it built in time for the N.A.M.E.S ,although I probably won't. Watching the vidio is inspiring to say the least.

Thanks
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your nice words. Watching the video is still enjoyable for me too. I think you will do a great job to build this engine. Because you really want...

I and our forum are wating for the photos and videos of your engine.

Good luck...

Erdem

"Not a drop of paint in sight" as John said, and the same for out of sight as I have seen it myself..

Zeki

Latest posts

Back