My Finished projects

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don-tucker

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
PE24.jpg

DSC03340.jpg

Beam22.jpg

Mine8.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

Thought it was time to post a few of my finished engines,well allmost finished ,I have in mind to go back and add a few bits and pieces here and there.
Don

That is an awesome collection of engines. Nice work. Do you have any videos of these running?

Bronson

I love the marine engine especially - which plans did you build it to, please?

Last edited:
That is an awesome collection of engines. Nice work. Do you have any videos of these running?

Bronson
I posted some videos in my original posts on the construction of them in work in progress.
Don

... you must get more shop time than I do. Nice looking work.

Paul

... you must get more shop time than I do. Nice looking work.

Paul
The traction engine was started abot 7 yrs ago,but the others have come along in the last 3 yrs,I never get enough shop time,especially this cold weather.
When I have finished the clock I intend to make Stews overcrank engine,it will make a change.
Thank you all for your kind comments.It makes it worthwhile to read them from people who know what they are talking about.
Don

Last edited:

Question from a model engine newby, what kind of engine is the one shown above and are there any plans available?

This looks outstanding, love the overall look and the workmanship, would like to build something like this myself someday.

Question from a model engine newby, what kind of engine is the one shown above and are there any plans available?

This looks outstanding, love the overall look and the workmanship, would like to build something like this myself someday.

This is a paddle steamer engine designed by E.T.Westbury,I believe the plans are available on here,but Reeves do castings and plans,I used cast iron round to make the cylinders,steam chests and covers.
Don

Don,
Where did you get the cast iron round. Hope you don't mind us bugging you with questions, LOL, you are an inspiration to us newbies!

Chuck

Don,
Where did you get the cast iron round. Hope you don't mind us bugging you with questions, LOL, you are an inspiration to us newbies!

Chuck
PE8.jpg

The cast iron came from RDG tools,nice stuff too, a bit dirty to machine.
Of course i dont mind the questions,thats what the forum is all about,helping others.
Don

Nice and nice .... Thm:

What scale (length) is the beam engine?
We're building 10 of them over on team builders. We've starting shipping parts last week, hope to send/receive more this week.

Thanks,

Pat H.

Latest posts

Back