My Brothers Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don-tucker

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Picture030.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture001.jpg

new004.jpg

Models026.jpg

new003.jpg

Models025.jpg

Models017.jpg

Models014.jpg

Models007.jpg

He has been modeling for as long as I can remember and at 87 does very little,he tought me all I know I just wish I had his patientce
Don

Nice pictures. two out of three of my brothers have machine tools and at least one steam engine. but nothing like those. thanks for sharing.
Tin

There are a couple more,I will sort out later
Don

Hi Don
nothing says classic like old brass
wonderful ;D
Pete

Here's one that got away,a small freelance Weir pump.
All his engines were made the old way on a Myford Drummond lathe with vertical slide and a small bench drill and a lot of skill,no fancy milling machines or DROs

IMG_0125.jpg

Don

your brother is also an artist.
on the 2-4-0 loco (LBSC's Petrolea I would bet), do the various shades of brass come frome a particular treatment ?
the general aspect is awsome.

You are right Petrolea it is the colours come from steaming and age I would think
Don

Amazing :bow: I hope to be able to create something of that quality some day.

Your brother is a genius. Those pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing

Thank you all for your kind comments ,he was most embarressed when I told him but i thought it was a shame to have all that work tucked away in a bedroom and nobody who knows anything about engineering looking at them,so this forum was a great opportunity.
Don

WOW Don! That's beautiful work. Thanks for sharing it with us. It would indeed be a shame for them to not be seen and appreciated. Please pass along my admiration to your brother. He is a very skilled man.

Todd

WOW ! What a wide and varied collections of engines !! Your brother needs to get on-board here so we can thank him !!

Mike

That is really some purty stuff! If only I had the time... and the talent!

Chuck

Back