• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mostly finished model gas engine for sale.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisinestes

Reaction score
I'm never going to get to finishing this, and I'm not good enough at pulling levers on my mill & lathe to do it justice anyway. I bought this from an antique engine FB page around 3 years ago. I was told it came from the estate of a model engine machinist, but I don't know that person's name, and I forget who I bought it from. The work that's done is beautiful. It looks to me like it needs rockers, push rod, carburetor, and tapping for a spark plug. I've never had it apart. It looks like he started on the push rod assembly. I have more pics, 2 videos of the crank shaft end, and a video of the valves being actuated by my fingers. It's 22 lbs, about 7.25' wide, 13.75" long, and 6.5" tall. The flywheels are 1" wide, and 6" in diameter, so it's not a tiny thing. Near as I can tell, the bore is 1.25", and the stroke is 2.375". I think it's made from bar stock, not a casting kit. I think it's worth every bit of $500. Message me with questions, and for more pics and the videos.

Attachments

• IMG_1655.JPG
    IMG_1655.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 986
OK... $400, & I'll cover half the shipping. I hate for it to just sit, but I won't go any lower than that. I have more pics, just ask. Thanks! Chris

Part of the problem, Chris, might be that you haven't indicated where you are located. There are a lot of people here that hail from Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and the US. Shipping this guy is going to be a challenge, so location is pretty important.

You might also add some information about whether or not drawings are available for the engine. From the sounds of it, I'm guessing not. I judge this by your comments about not really knowing the bore and stroke. Drawings, although nice, are not critical, but they would certainly help people determine just how much they want to get involved with the engine.

Anyhow... Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks, MrMetric, and thanks... You are correct... I neglected to add a location.

Since I can't edit the original post. I'll respond here.

The model is in Estes Park, Colorado, USA. I don't know of any drawings for it... If I had drawings, I'd probably be able to finish it. I'd have to disassemble it to get the exact bore & stroke, but my measurements are very close.

i would love to own that but shipping to new zealand would put the cost way over my hobby limit as you say its not a small unit but i hope it goes to a good home

i would love to own that but shipping to new zealand would put the cost way over my hobby limit as you say its not a small unit but i hope it goes to a good home
Just for kicks & grins, what's the address, I'd like to see what shipping would cost.

I'm also resident in NZ and I took delivery of a spin indexer bought from ArcEuroTrade a couple of moths ago and the shipping cost was 106 UK pounds for 26 lbs (12kg) by Fedex. Hope this helps.

This'd would make a great stocking stuffer... You know, of you had a carbon fiber mesh stocking...

> You know, if you had a carbon fiber mesh stocking...

I didn't think this was that kind of website :)

Latest posts

Back