Moriya Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is definitely art, Ironhorse - very high quality work.

Top Drawer Iron Horse
smiley-dance004.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Top quality and I love that finish.

Is the burner a gas one? Sorry I must have missed that bit.

Nick

Well here are the final pictures and video of my lattest engine. She runs fine and appears to have a fair bit of power. This project tested the limits of my mini-lathe, but overall was a good experience. The plans are easy to follow and FREE 8), although I would make the 3/16 cylinder bolts a size smaller if I made another one. The propane burner is really handy and a tank would last for hours or days. A nice clean flame and not messy like liquid fuels or expensive like solid fuels. I need to find a way to drill the 0.009 hole for the orifice as chopping up propane torches is a waste. In the video I have the engine standing on a 1/4", Fun Foam that I found at a craft store. Before when it was just on the table it bounced and slid all over the place. Sitting on this stuff is like a instant balancing job!

Thanks to everyone for encouragement along the way.

IronHorse

P1030009.jpg

P1110061.jpg

P1100028.jpg

P1030027.jpg

P1110077.jpg

P1030007.jpg

And finally the Video

Congratulations IronHorse, it is absolutely top notch! :bow:

Excellent workmanship on that model. Very nice runner too. I like the fact that the flywheel doesn't show any sign of wobble. :bow:

Bernd

The finish is awesome, and the case is a nice touch, well done! :bow:

Looks like a precision instrument. Come to think of it, I guess it is. Nice work.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back