More progress on the Webster

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I finally got back into the shop today and finished what I could of the head and completed the cylinder. I needed to drill the oil cup hole in the cylinder, drill a 3/16" hole for the intake and exhaust and drill and tap 2 holes for 4/40 screws to hold the valve block assembly.

For those of you that are familiar with this engine you will probably notice I had another brain fade today and drilled for the oil cup in the wrong place....DUH!!...no problem it's below where the rings are so I will just screw a plug in there. Not a show stopper, just something to remind me how humble I should be. ;D ;D

Also I haven't cut the notch out of the side of the head for the side frame to bolt to. That's because I am going to vary from the plans a bit and run side frames up both sides of the head, change the crank, move the points and condenser to the other side of the piston rod.

P1010352.jpg

This afternoon I am going to cut the last gear I need and I will post some pics of that process.

i like the gear you are using for a washer to hold your rotary table down ;)

waste not want not....

chuck

chuck foster said:
i like the gear you are using for a washer to hold your rotary table down ;)

waste not want not....

chuck

Good eye Chuck, that's one I scrapped early on.;)). If your mind drifts for one second your screwed..

Latest posts

Back