Moral- On my shop wall for years

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
1638646456969.jpeg

I have two.

The first is from my dearest, it says "Trust me, I know what I'm doing". She rigidly mounted it upside down and crooked.

The second is a bracelet a lovely young nurse gave me when I arrived at the hospital.

John

I have three " Beware my son of good enough" " If it don't look right - it ain't " and " There are 2 ways to do job--- My way and the wrong way". Colin

Hi All,
This was something that was on the shop wall in a place I worked at years ago.

We the Unskilled,
Lead by the Unqualified,
Have been doing so much,
With so little,
For so Long,
We now attempt the Impossible,
With Nothing.

Cheers
Andrew

This is one I seen in another shop.

Terms Strictly Cash Only.
Credit will only be given to people who are accompanied by all Great Grand parents

Cheers
Andrew

On the back of my computer in the office as a Quality Assurance Officer / Auditor or whatever other label the company decided. Honestly, as long as the company kept their 5 tick logo it was all good.

"We Do PRECISION Guesswork"

I love retirement!
John B

Here's mine. I'd like to say the kids got it for me, but I'm afraid I found it on the internet and printed it for my own moral support. You might notice it's tucked around a corner out of direct line of sight. If I ever crack, you'll hear about it in the papers.

Attachments

• P1160563.JPG
    P1160563.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 381
Adarthtrader: I have seen that one except that the word is Disillusion rather than Dissolusion. In my many years in the corporate world, that seemed to be a common theme. A codicil to that is to wait to do anything until near the deadline and then beg for an extension or claim it could not be done in the time allowed.
When I received my degree I was handed a small bag of marbles. Each time I received a promotion I was to throw one of the marbles away and once I had lost all of my marbles I could be CEO.
I had two placards on my wall:
"Anything worth doing is worth doing right."
"Can't Never Did Anything."

"Pay a bit too little for a tool and you remember it every time you use it. Pay a bit too much for a tool and you forget it the first time you use it."
This saying used to be mostly true but bean counters have managed to take the good companies who made outstanding tools for a reasonable price and turn them into expensive tools that have no more quality than the cheaper alternatives.

Latest posts

Back