Monitor and Potty mill engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Stroud

Reaction score
Hi All

Having just made an introduction I thought I would show the Potty Mill and Monitor engines I have built.
Both were made pretty much according to the published drawings though on the Monitor I made some detail changes to reduce the reciprocating weight and have a single air feed through the ends of the steam chest.
best Andrew

Attachments

• Mill engine complete.JPG
    Mill engine complete.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 384
Hi. Where did you get your Monitor Plans. I have done a lot of surfing for Monitor engine. I have not had much luck. Hope to hear from you! Ken

fcheslop, Great Site! Thank You Very Much! I Appreciate It!

Hi Richard, MEWS PDF?
Andrew Stroud sent us to: USS Monitor imperial
above.
The sponsors of this are MEWS. Click on the "Index" an d it will lead you to the main page where at the bottom they will advertise their 4 DVDs which has all the listed things that are at the top of the page and much more. I was very reluctant to buy the DVDs but I recommend them as worth the paltry 17$US. they have many plans besides the ones at the top of the page. they also have much else you might be interested in. For myself, most of the other stuff is a lot of junk (just saying). I still recommend it for the drawings.

I might have said something earlier, but I thot everyone knew about MEWS. Oddly enough, I copied the DVDs to my computer, as I live in the Philppines most of the year and don't wish to carry any extra weight or anything that causes trouble (DVDs deteriorate in the moisture and heat in the Philippines) and now I CAN'T FIND THEM! (the files on my computer) Maybe you have heard the self enlightenment chant of the IWWers: Oh Wattana Siam. Repeat that over and over and you will recieve enlightenment--truly!

Last edited:
Richard, Thank You! They are up to 4 DVD's at $41.05. Still a Deal! Ken

Thanks All!! As May be obvious I am trying to collect all things Monitor that you may have. Plans for Engine, plans for the boat {Hope I got that right Navy Guy's :)} itself, The Cannons {I have no Cannon Plans at present}, Anything off the beaten path { I have most of the History Books I can find } Anything will be appreciated and scoured over!!! Again Thanks! Ken

Richard, Thank You! They are up to 4 DVD's at $41.05. Still a Deal! Ken
Ach! My mistake, it must have been 27 British Pounds I paid. Seems like it was a lot less. I know that I could have chased most of those drawings all over the internet but at 10 bucks a piece, it's a great deal. My time is certainly worth much more than that. Most likely would take several days to find all that stuff. Just wish I could find it on my computer. Well I have the DVDs right here if I needs them.

Thanks All!! As May be obvious I am trying to collect all things Monitor that you may have. Plans for Engine, plans for the boat {Hope I got that right Navy Guy's :)} itself, The Cannons {I have no Cannon Plans at present}, Anything off the beaten path { I have most of the History Books I can find } Anything will be appreciated and scoured over!!! Again Thanks! Ken
I thimk I saw the canon plans somewhere, but not sure.

Richard, I feel for you. I recently had a computer crash, lost everything! I'm trying to replace it all but..........
Ken

Richard, I feel for you. I recently had a computer crash, lost everything! I'm trying to replace it all but..........
Ken
Well, I thimk it is on hard disks which I only attach to this laptop when I need them. they are basically storage for crash proofing. Actually, all my important stuff is backt up on at least three different hard drives. Since microsux's windows 95 which was their worst operating system ever, I have backt my stuff up on several drives, DVD, thumdrivess, etc. Anyway, I have the DVDs that I bought, only needs to attach a DVD reader.

Latest posts

Back