Model Pratt & Whitney Radial Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, Over the years I have collected castings for a 1/6 scale P & W radial aero engine. I have also spent quite some time manufacturing numerous parts.

Currently I am trying to contact a potential supplier of cylinders for this model.

Cylinders are part no: 40, drawing no: J18 on the plans I have. The specification is for cylinders from 4140 steel from tube o/d 34.5 mm x 39.2 mm long. The engine requires 9 cylinders bored to 22.2 mm.

I would appreciate a contact to my email.

Regards, John ([email protected])

I've been struggling with making these cylinders off and on (mostly off) for what appears to be 8 years!
I have actually made real good progress only recently, as the major stumbling block has been the cutting of the fins. I believe I've finally figured that part out but I'm in no place to offer up making them for somebody else.

I have some info though. It was in an email to me from Bruce Satra at Vernal Engineering, who supplied me the castings. He gave me the following info (back in 2006 !):

Items from Chris Lauridsen, finished valves, finished cylinders, cylinders are alloy steel, heat treated, honed bores, blued, his prices are very reasonable.
His address:

Central Utah Tool
775 South University Avenue
Provo, Utah 84601

His parts are produced on CNC machines

Looking up on the web found that they still exist at the same address so maybe give him a try:

https://www.centralutahtool.com/index.html

Phone (801)374-2745
Fax (801)374-2850

Company e-mail : [email protected]

Regards,
Mike

Latest posts

Back