Model Engineering Magazines Back Issues Sourcing

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendan Gill

Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if there was a place I could purchase digital back issues of old Model Engineering Magazines.
I am particularly looking for Volumes 166, 167, 168.

If this is not possible is my only option e-bay for used copies?

Thanks.

Brendan

The digital archive only goes back to volume 187 so you will have to source the paper variety. Don't bother with the link above they will only go back a very short time.

If you search about whole volumes can be had on ebay for a lot less than buying individual mags and if you can get them from a dealer can easily pick up whole volumes for under a fiver some for only £2.

What model were you interested in?

Hi
Thanks for the info I am looking for details on the locomotive Washington. An 1867 Rogers design American 4-4-0 for 4 3/4 / 5 in. gauges

any hints?

Brendan

Hi
Thanks for the info I am looking for details on the locomotive Washington. An 1867 Rogers design American 4-4-0 for 4 3/4 / 5 in. gauges

any hints?

Brendan

You could try TEE publishing. At the moment they have issues back to Volume 63. They used to do series for a particular engine and individual copies but I don't know if they still do. Might be worth a call though.
Brian

If you need them fairly quickly, someone is selling a job lot of Vol's 166 & 167 on eBay at present, if you know the magazine issue numbers you need, there are also listings for individual mag's that aren't silly money.
John

Pocket mags can only go back as far as the digital archive on the ME website .

The above is incorrect

Pocketmags will only go back as far as when your subscription started or if buying back issues only to Vol 209. It is completely separate from the digital archive which as I said earlier only goes back to vol 187 of ME or all MEW.

Furthermore if you take out a digital subscription via Pocketmags you won't get access to the archive. So if you are thinking of taking out a digital subscription then do it via Model Engineer website you will then get the available archive via that site plus any new paid for subscription issues also on Pocketmags which is a better viewer.

https://www.model-engineer.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=695

One of the dealers worth trying http://www.theengineersemporium.co.uk/other-pages/modengmag.html

Jason (Model Engineer Moderator)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back