Model Engineering And Modelling Exhibition, Doncaster, UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC54

Reaction score
Exhibition at Doncaster Racecourse, UK, May 11th to May 13th 2018. I wondered if any of our UK members were travelling to this exhibition up the A1 and if they had a spare seat in their car?
Due to recent illness I am not up to driving 60 miles each way and walking around the show all day. Many thanks for reading this thread.

Yes silly me. I am from 10 miles south of Grantham, Lincolnshire, about half a mile off the A1.

I managed to get my brother in law and his mate to run me to Doncaster Exhibition and all three of us really enjoyed our day out. I was not sure if the others would enjoy show as they are more into full sized classic cars and motorcycles but they were astounded by the scale and quality of workmanship on display, so was I. :thumbup: Being new at this hobby/obsession I learnt a lot as the exhibitors were so friendly and helpful, also spent more than I dare tell "her that must be obeyed" on the trade stalls. :hDe::fan: Forgot to take my camera with me and pictures on phone were hopeless so sorry no pictures. We decided to all pick our own Best in Show and surprisingly all said the same exhibit, a Supercharged Brooklands Bently engine and gearbox in a truncated chassis...:thumbup: Did anyone else get to show and what was your view?
John

Latest posts

Back