model aircraft engine display mounts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack620

Reaction score
Ladies & Gents,
does anyone have any plans for a nice display mount for a small 1cc CI engine? It's an ML Midge (see pic).
Chris

engine #2 ready to run.jpg

Reactions: gus
Sorry, don't have a design but I have seen at shows some nice folded and flame polished acrylic stands.
The nice thing about these(to me), done nicely, they are subtle and do not distract your attention from the engine.

Hi Chris, I may be wrong here, but I don't think you will find these are a commercial item as such. Possibly a cottage industry job or made individually.

You could try the MECOA site as members often display engines in a similar fashion.
Take a look at the Les Stone page on MEN too as he has a nice way of supporting his on a vertical brass rod and thick washer like base.

The engine looks good, time to get some fuel in eh :)

Regards - Ramon

You can very easily make stands such as those by using a heat gun (or other heating device) on a strip of plastic whatever width and thickness you desire. Heat and then bend, hold in place until the curve is set. A sharp corner to use as a guide helps immensely.

Thanks Gents.

Ramon,
Saturday is the day of reckoning! I hope to be able to post a video of at least one running engine.

Chris

Chris, most suppliers of acrylic will be able to bend the material for you. Polycarbonate is able to be bent in its cold state, not acrylic though.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. One of our forum members has PMd me and kindly offered to CNC me a stand in Perspex. I just need to come up with some dimensions.

Chris

One of our HMEM members has kindly made me a pair of perspex engine mounts on his CNC router free of charge. Now that's what I call service! I won't name the member lest he is inundated with requests. He can out himself if he is brave enough!

I have drilled and tapped the mounts to take 2.5mm SHCS.

Chris

P1040309.jpg

Reactions: gus
Back