ML4 setup

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. Today I made this video. They say a picture paints a thousand words, so I guess a video reveals far more.

This is part one, part two to follow, (maybe a few hours time with my connection). Hopefully it should show what has/hasn't been done and what I intend to do going forward.

https://youtu.be/aH6WqtDHq5k

Hey Norm at least youve got a pension Iv got nowt so give the donations to me as Im in need

Frazer, I'm sure you had a payment off me a while ago when you fixed some Mamod wheels for me and got them to run better than any I've seen. Hoped you enjoyed that tipple. It was certainly more than any £5 bob note.

I remember that wee tipple well.
You must remember that mamods have nothing to do with models they are simply toys:) and they burn youre fingers and set fire to carpets or is that just my misspent youth
As Iv said its time for me to go back into my shell and sign off but wish you well with youre endeavours and you know where to find me should you need to
kind regards
frazer

If you recall I sent you quite a bit of information and following Frasers's examination, you could go for something simple but very useful on which to base further projects.

Comments please on a £5 note, would be welcomed as I am an impoverished old pensioner:hDe:

Norm

I do recall the info you sent me, I need to get through that. It was a lot to read through considering I'm not much of a big reader.

Norm next time I'll sort you a fiver, though I think at the moment I want to make my first steam engine. Just a little occilator, I've already showed Frazer my plans, so the rest of you may have to wait and see. ;)

Pity about the pension thing- having regretted and regretted retiring 32 years ago, I should have retired far earlier!

Baz did a Lammas thing a few months ago and here. It was in the ChrisHeapy website but I can't find the site now.

Apologies about the spelling of Frazer. When I had a Bhutt and Bhein north of the Highland Line, my neighbour came from 'the fishin' at Frazerburgh. Reminds me, I have a fish supper in Oban shortly.

Slange

Norm

Thanks John. I'm sure that Jon and a lot of others will appreciate the information therein.

I think that Heapy's mandrel hand(r)el in metric for my new lathe will be worth the doing of. I don't really fancy the abject terror of the Sieg's so called lowest speed.

Cheers----Gawn Orff Audit-ting a Counts

Norm

PS My hilarity stems from someone last eve, winding me up by claiming that I look like some even more aged Royal git.- sorry- personage!

Hi Jon,, good luck with the little wobbler
So Norms doing an Ebeneezer and counting his sovereigns and crowns whilst poor we Bob is hand cranking the Sieg to keep warm
Cheers

Thinking of the gaffes of my more famous look a like

'So what you do with your little wobblers in those little wooden sheds?'

:wall:

N

Back