• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Mitutoyo Dial Caliper

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Feldman

Reaction score
6" Mitutoyo Absolute AOS Digimatic dial caliper. New. I have used it only to determine if it works, and it does.
Important Note: Based on telephone information from MitutoyoUSA, there is reason to believe that this is not a genuine Mitutoyo item but a copy, possibly Chinese. For that reason, please consider this an as-is, no-refund sale.
$25 plus shipping to US address.
-Marty- MitDigCaliper_a.JPGMitDigCaliper_b.JPGMitDigCaliper_c.JPG

could you send a photo of the back of the caliper with it partially open as well as the information printed on the battery? assuming the battery is the original one that came with it?

a photo of the display set to inches?

and lastly, even if it is a fake, does it repeat good? as in slide open and close and it repeats back to 0 and not .001 or something after multiple open/closes? even if it is fake as long as it repeats good and doesnt jump around when sliding it for 25.00 im interested.

Last edited:
Attaching 3 photographs:
[1] showing back of caliper - it does not "partially open", and the battery compartment is on the front, not the back.
[2] display with caliper readout set to .9995 inches
[3] same, but with mode button pressed to change from imperial to metric, with display now changed to 29.35mm.

No idea if the battery is "original". I am not about to start running detailed tests on repeatability, "jump aorund", etc. 25 bucks plus shipping. You want it?

-Marty-

Attachments

• MitDigCald.JPG
    MitDigCald.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 162
  • MitDigCale.JPG
    MitDigCale.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 162
  • MitDigCalf.JPG
    MitDigCalf.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 167
Attaching 3 photographs:
[1] showing back of caliper - it does not "partially open", and the battery compartment is on the front, not the back.
[2] display with caliper readout set to .9995 inches
[3] same, but with mode button pressed to change from imperial to metric, with display now changed to 29.35mm.

No idea if the battery is "original". I am not about to start running detailed tests on repeatability, "jump aorund", etc. 25 bucks plus shipping. You want it?

-Marty-
LR44 battery is non genuine.
Genuine Mitutoyo's require an SR44 battery.
Smaller last digit in imperial is non genuine.
Genuine Mitutoyo's have all digits in imperial the same size.

Peter Murphy - I made no claim regarding this being genuine. Quite the contrary, as clearly stated in my original post. I had seen the warning signs and Mit confirmed to me on the phone, again as clearly stated in my original post.

-Marty-

Hi Marty, not having a go at you, I was just adding to your post to help other tell the difference between a genuine & a non genuine with your pics, as I have also been through this with a purchase. I use many cheap calipers for for quick measurements & pull out my Mitutoyo for critical measurements. The price you are asking is very reasonable for that one. Cheers

For future reference, here is a very good summation of what to look for in genuine Mitutoyo calipers (from a review on Amazon):

Attachments

• Mitutoyo - How to Tell If It Is Real.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 175
I have seen so many apparent counterfits on Amazon that I just bought my Mitutoyo through a long established local machine shop supply house. I have a good set of guage blocks and i tested some cheap digital calipers I have and they were off by 0.001", or a bit more, at many locations. Good enough for rough work but when I need guaranteed precision I use my Mitutoyo calipers or my Etalon (Swiss) dial calipers.

Hi Circlip,
I never said my Mitutoyo were dial - just my my Etalon calipers. Lets talk machine shop stuff not 8th grade writing.

Latest posts

Back