mISTAKE WHILE BUILDING A Woodpecker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRACKWELDER

Reaction score
It is my fault, I did not get my jaws in the chuck properly, and in order to turn it I had to take off to much metal, I decided to turn it down and maybe use it on a cart or something.

the problem is I need to get a few castings to finish building the bag the parts came in was marked minicasstings and it is fairly new, what is the best way to get ahold of them I sent one email because the invento0ry sheet said it would have a piece of wire in it and there wasn't but I have piano wire, if I could find out what gauge was used I would be golden
Anyhow has anyone had luck getting to talk with them after the sale? I would like to buy afew of the parts that I fudged a little on, got over anxious on thhe sleeve and piston. I know I could buy the metal to make these two items and I am getting better with my hobby lathe but I need that flywheel.

Doug has always been OK to deal with when I have had things from him. Worth remembering he is basically a one man band so may be on holidays.

I THOUGHT THAT may be the case wich is why I prefer email over phone calls, that way you do not have to catch someone, they can just check rheir email when they want. Like I said its my fault not Doug's I am just getting anxious about trying to get enough done for our threshermen's convention where they will have all the full sive engines running ,not many, if any, scale engines but I am going to set up a display with all the parts laid out. they are also going for the world record for hoses pulling plows this year.

Doug is out of the country right now. They are working to find a foundry across the pond, England I think, to cast the engine parts for the local builders. To cast in the USA and ship over seas is very expensive so they want to cast over seas for the over seas builders and cut down on the shipping.

I hope he doesn't erase my email, if he arrives back in the country please let me know.

Latest posts

Back