Miniature Tool Collection

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a good start on a new one while I ponder how to finish earlier projects. Ralph

Rabbitplane2_zpsfff3a64d.jpg

Got the wheel threads cut today, installed the wheel (it fit and works perfectly), and I think it's finished - if anything ever really is. May need to replace some of the damaged hardware and oil and polish it up well and etc. etc. Ralph

PlowPlane5012_zpse030a6fb.jpg

PlowPlane5015_zps2dae7327.jpg

PlowPlane5014_zpsbbaa6e6e.jpg

PlowPlane5007_zps19440399.jpg

Wow beautiful! What is it about planes you seem to have a lot of them?

Thank you. Yes, I have built quite a few and have many to go to have a sampling of the great variety out there. I've also built other miniature hand tools. See my videos on YouTube under "miniature tools" by Art Rafael

very nice work, absolutly amazing the skills across both wood and metal. love it. Well done.

The finished plane. Ralph

4Planefin_zpse7fe7142.jpg

In action.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuU4fPxAnJs&feature=share&list=UU-GXI1Wp8qMJcEsSWF5Eu5A[/ame]

wow, I just came across your thread and I love your work. It's very impressive, your designs and the details are amazing

I would definitely sign your art for future generations to appreciate. As wonderful as this forum is, I can't imagine it being around 50 years from now, let alone longer.

Thanks, Gents. I appreciate your thoughts. I have thought about signing my work but have hesitated to mar it up, and I don't have a proper stamp. I guess that when I am gone and forgotten, people will just have to wonder who was eccentric enough to build such a thing. Doing this is insane, but I like the results enough to keep doing it.

The silver #4 is finished now, and I'm off to my next insanity. Ralph

Silver4-5_zps547e4161.jpg

CastingProcess94001_zpsc33b60ed.jpg

Silver4-2_zpse5a413f7.jpg

Back