mini v2 engine model?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-Vanderpol

Reaction score
i find it amazing

Attachments

• stirlingkit-cison-fg-vt9-9cc-v-twin-engine-four-stroke-air-cooled-motorcycle-gasoline-engine (1).jpg
    stirlingkit-cison-fg-vt9-9cc-v-twin-engine-four-stroke-air-cooled-motorcycle-gasoline-engine (1).jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I'm Thomas in Christchurch New Zealand and I have a Cison V2 on the way. I'll do a review as soon as I get this V2. Scalpers on ebay are trying to sell this at up to 3x its presale price. My experiences of Chinese engines are on my Youtube channel "thomas pcguru engines" I have a 1.6cc flyball governor 4 stroke vertical, one of the common Hit & Miss engines and a V2 flame licker. All have been tweaked, bases put on, bits replaced if needed, rebuilt etc as I detail on videos. I'm more a tinkerer than machinist! In short though, I treat these models as an "assembled kit" and I am not disappointed. I could not do the machining for the price but I can do the tweaking and tuning, tightening etc to make them run amazingly well: valve-operated ignition switches to save the battery of the Hit & Miss, replacing crap bearings with bronze bushes, replacing worn brass components with steel etc. I have lots and lots of fun. the cut-away of the Cison V2 shows resaonable design of big ends and valve adjustment so I have high hopes! :)

Oh and I built the "Lockdown Engine" - a large low-mid temperature stirling engine with only the scrap and hand tools available in my garage during New Zealand's lockdown. Computer fans for ball bearings, pots, part of an Esky, bits of a sun umbrella, part of a kite, aluminium and brass scrap. Power "piston" is the rubber weather seal from behind the headlight of a car. It was built to be a "Heath Robinson" kinetic sculpture too...Enjoy! [sorry about the violin torture]
the downloadable vid shows the Chinese engines

Attachments

• My Video.mp4
    11.3 MB
Back