Mini Mill Stopped Working

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chinese parts are top quality they manufacture parts for American companies according to American specifications. When American factories receive a shipment of Chinese parts American quality control tests them before they are sold or used. Buy a new replacement part ohm your part so you know what value you need make sure it has a switch and stem the length you need that part will come in 75 different sizes, options, shaft length, etc. I buy most of my electronic parts on Ebay but there are several American companies selling parts that all come from China. Parts buy China parts it takes 2 to 4 weeks to arrive 50 parts of 99 cents free shipping. American resale companies buy Chinese parts and resell them at a higher price mailed to your door in 3 to 5 days plus you pay $7 to $10 extra for postage. Go to the Electronic forum there is a list of Electronic parts sellers in America. You can also ask for help some one can find the part for you in 60 seconds then provide you with the link to buy it.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/

Last edited:
I'm wondering - the pic shows a 4K7 pot and not a 50K one - not being an electronics expert I suppose you would get a somewhat different response from the mill than before? I opened up mine which has those troubles with starting too and found the same 4K7 pot , so I will try the same steps you have taken. Just waiting for some cooler weather to go shopping for the parts. In the meantime I inserted a 15A/125V (10A/240V) DPDT switch into the motor-line and now I have the option to run my mill counterclockwise - might come in handy somedays.

Latest posts

Back