Mini Blacksmith Tools

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Rowe

Reaction score
Here is a set of mini blacksmith tongs for my mini shop. The end grain block is 7/16" so 6" square in my scale of 7/8" to the foot. The rail in the floor is 2' gauge (1.75")
Tongs-SetOf5.jpg

The tongs are made from 14 GA steel fence wire and the rivet is a 1/32" steel round head rivet. I used my Minitool press to form the shop head.
TongRivetMiniToolPress.jpg

Anyone know where to find a really small anvil with a hardie hole?

Dan

Cool tools Dan! Can't you put a steam cylinder on that press? ;D

Dave

Here's mine, sitting on top of my Brooks:

Brooks.jpg

It's a Record Tools paper weight, for which I've made a couple of blacksmiths hammers so it's not lonely ... ;D It didn't have hardy or pritchel holes so I added them.

Vic.

The one in the ebay link is a bit to big for my scale but they rarely have hardie holes in that size.

Vic what are the demensions of the small Record? I saw one on ebay but no dimensions were listed. That is exactly the style of anvil I am looking for and I know I can add the holes like you did. Nice hammer I have to make a few of them also.

Thanks.
Dan

Vic, Thanks for that last link those Peter Wright mini anvils are very nice. The problem I was having is a a 493# Peter Wright is 15.75" tall so I need an anvil in my scale of 7/8ths to the foot about 1" tall. The paper weight anvils are usually about 1.75" to 2" tall. I managed to find one 1.125" tall on ebay.

Dave yes I guess I could add a steam cylinder but I already have one of those and I like my fingers. :big:
IMG_3007716x893.jpg

Here is a small hand vise I am making into a blacksmith post vise. I removed the wing nut and made the the new screw from a straightened link of old wrought iron chain. The end section shows proof of wrought iron. I cut the section half way and bent it with a hammer until failure. The grainy fracture surface is one of the simplest test for old iron.
BlackSmithVise.jpg

Dan

Latest posts

Back