• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Milling Machine for Sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulfcw

Reaction score
3 hp Ex-Cell-O vertical Mill for sale with DRO, R-8 collets, R-8 drill chucks, assorted cutters, Indexing table, rotary indexer, too many other items to list.
5 hp rotary phase converter. Tool box with indicators, height gage, parallels, tools. Supply cabinet

IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg

Sorry ...
Location is Lebanon, Ohio (north of Cincinnati)
Price - $2000
I am not physically able to help move much, but it can be disassembled and pieces moved with my engine hoist out the back door, where a trailer can get to within 10 feet or so.

For moving I was looking at Movers in Clovis, CA | U-Haul

I have small mill I need to move from my garage to my new work shop. It weights over 200 pounds.
My wife does not move any thing heavy.
I saw add on TV and thing of try survive.

Dave

FYI There company that will crate and ship for you.
It is not cheep. I use this when was buying from auctions over 1,000 miles away.

Last edited:
[Dave

It is not cheep. I use this when was buying from auctions over 1,000 miles away.
[/QUOTE]
Dave what company please? I have a complicated move from VA to WA for a 10EE, #3200, and am exploring options. I have a retainer on an Air-Lift Trailer, but like everyplace supply chain problems have delayed delivery to Oct. and I'm not holding my breath they will meet that date.

Thanks,

Ron

I am interested but won't have space for a couple weeks. Any details on accuracy/backlash/wear or any known problems?

For shipping in the US I have had great luck with Fastenal (the supply company does shipping too). I shipped a power hammer from Kentucky to Arizona for $300 a few years ago. The way it works is you crate it and transport it to their local stare and they take it from there. On the other end you go to their local store and they load it on your truck. I have also hired local forklift companies to come out and remove the machine from my trailer and place it in the shop. Sometimes paying for that service is well worth it. You don't have to take any risks or disassemble the machine. I have spent full days getting a machine off the truck or trailer and into the shop. The forklift does it in a few minutes. If you decide to do the Fastenal thing call them first. I think I heard there were some changes to their shipping service due to the pandemic.

For shipping in the US I have had great luck with Fastenal (the supply company does shipping too). I shipped a power hammer from Kentucky to Arizona for $300 a few years ago. The way it works is you crate it and transport it to their local stare and they take it from there. On the other end you go to their local store and they load it on your truck. I have also hired local forklift companies to come out and remove the machine from my trailer and place it in the shop. Sometimes paying for that service is well worth it. You don't have to take any risks or disassemble the machine. I have spent full days getting a machine off the truck or trailer and into the shop. The forklift does it in a few minutes. If you decide to do the Fastenal thing call them first. I think I heard there were some changes to their shipping service due to the pandemic.
Thanks. the #3200 makes everything interesting.

I am interested but won't have space for a couple weeks. Any details on accuracy/backlash/wear or any known problems?
It was used/abused pretty thoroughly before i got it - I had the bed ground but beyond a few spots where the @#$*)% drilled into the bed there are no real issues. The feed screws have expected backlash, but the DRO pretty well compensates for that - I only do manual control, although it could be converted to CNC. need ball screws .... wedges are fully adjustable and very smooth.
I also have a bunch of other stuff to throw in with the mill; supplies, materials, cabinets, etc. The Boss says it all has to go ... :) Bring a trailer!
Let me know if you want to take this off-line; I'll reply with my email address.

Most the time Auction company had list.
I have used trucking common carrier or crane companies.
I have used same twice.

Dave

[Dave

Dave what company please? I have a complicated move from VA to WA for a 10EE, #3200, and am exploring options. I have a retainer on an Air-Lift Trailer, but like everyplace supply chain problems have delayed delivery to Oct. and I'm not holding my breath they will meet that date.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited:
Depending on where the mill is, where it's going, and how far the move is, a flat deck tow truck is a good option too. I just replaced my mill with a nearly pristine Ex-Cell-O 602, I moved the old machine to the door of my garage on rollers, the tow truck placed the tilt bed at the door and pulled it on, took about 20 minutes. It was on the new owners floor 20 minutes away an hour later and cost $300 CDN. I don't think it's a viable option for a long move but I've used them several times to move machines within a half hours drive away.

Last edited:
Location determines the price. Your mill & tools are worth about $8000. in Phoenix AZ and about $4000. in Nashville TN. When I retired I had a house in both places and a shop in both places. Prices are double in Phoenix. When we were in Phoenix for the winter metal cost me 1/2 price to order it from Tennessee Die Supply in Nashville TN and have it sent to Phoenix by UPS. I lost my motivation to do anything in the shop so I sold the Bridgeport, lathe, tools other every thing in Phoenix and moved back to TN. Put an AD in Phoenix Craigslist I bet someone will come with a trailer or truck and buy everything you have. I sold my J head Bridgeport for $5000 and could have gotten more if I was willing to wait a few weeks to get the best price, people were in a panic to buy it, it sold in 2 days.

Location determines the price. Your mill & tools are worth about $8000. in Phoenix AZ and about $4000. in Nashville TN. When I retired I had a house in both places and a shop in both places. Prices are double in Phoenix. When we were in Phoenix for the winter metal cost me 1/2 price to order it from Tennessee Die Supply in Nashville TN and have it sent to Phoenix by UPS. I lost my motivation to do anything in the shop so I sold the Bridgeport, lathe, tools other every thing in Phoenix and moved back to TN. Put an AD in Phoenix Craigslist I bet someone will come with a trailer or truck and buy everything you have. I sold my J head Bridgeport for $5000 and could have gotten more if I was willing to wait a few weeks to get the best price, people were in a panic to buy it, it sold in 2 days.
Do you have any idea why things are that cheap in TN and so expensive in AZ? What is that all about?

I guess that I really lucked out. I have an Excelo mill which I paid $600 for about 10 years ago. It was at a machinery dealer and the table would not go up and down. They concluded that the lift screw was worn and parts were not available. I spent a couple of days tearing it apart and the problem was the thrust bearing at the top of the screw. A $20 bearing fixed it. I was retired so my time was not valuable. A dealer could not afford to pay one of their repair crew for two days labor. It is a good mill and I have been happy with it, other than it has a NMTA #40 taper and tooling is hard to find.

Do you have any idea why things are that cheap in TN and so expensive in AZ? What is that all about?

It has to do with demand. Big city housing cost more than TN but things are changing in Nashville TN area and the whole TN State. People are moving to TN in droves from big cities, prices are lower in TN. My sons wife is in real estate people from, NY, CO, CA, AZ, and other places have sold their $2,000,000. house and moved to TN, they buy a 3800 sq ft new 2 story house for $400,000. and have $1,600,000. left over for pocket change for retirement & travel. 6 years ago we moved 7 miles from town to a new house in the country. Now we have 1000s of $400,000. houses all around us. Our house price has doubled again in 2 years. There are 760 new 3800 sq ft houses south of us. 430 new $400,000. housed east of us. They are building 55 new houses and have plans to build 1400 more north of us. Rent in Nashville TN has doubled in 2 years people are moving out of Nashville to find lower price housing then they drive 40 to 60 miles to work every day 1 way. New houses sell before they are built people from NY & CA have cash money. A $400,000. new house 2 times bigger than their $2,000,000. house it seems like a bargain to them. They are building zero lot line 2 story houses 12 ft apart with 6ft of yard on both sides & 20 ft of back yard. HOA with a community swimming pool. Our house is on 1¼ acres we have been offered a ton of money to sell they want to bulldoze our house then build 15 zero lot line houses in this property. People from NY & CA have enough cash to live in a motel for 6 months while they look for new house is being built. Most people move into their new house before landscaping if finished. I can drive 10 miles any direction from our house and find 40 new subdivisions of house and 70 or 80 apartment complexes. Apartments are 5 story buildings with 200 apartments in each building. They are also building 100s of TOWN HOUSES they look identical to apartment buildings, they are NOT rentals, you buy your own apartment for $250,000. WOW construction has gone crazy, Mexicans can frame an entire 2 story 3800 sq ft house in 2 days. All the construction workers are Mexicans and the builders are Big National known companies that are building house & town houses in 30 different STATES. TV News claims 1000 new houses are built every week in middle TN area. Pre framed factory made walls come in on tractor trailer trucks workers put the pieces together like a childs toy building block set. Tool prices are high in places where it cost more to live, tool prices are low where housing is cheap. Southern Illinois if you can fine a Bridgeport or Lathe for sale $500 will buy it.

LOOK online at Beazer Homes.

Last edited:
It has to do with demand. Big city housing cost more than TN but things are changing in Nashville TN area and the whole TN State. People are moving to TN in droves from big cities, prices are lower in TN. My sons wife is in real estate people from, NY, CO, CA, AZ, and other places have sold their $2,000,000. house and moved to TN, they buy a 3800 sq ft new 2 story house for $400,000. and have $1,600,000. left over for pocket change for retirement & travel. 6 years ago we moved 7 miles from town to a new house in the country. Now we have 1000s of $400,000. houses all around us. Our house price has doubled again in 2 years. There are 760 new 3800 sq ft houses south of us. 430 new $400,000. housed east of us. They are building 55 new houses and have plans to build 1400 more north of us. Rent in Nashville TN has doubled in 2 years people are moving out of Nashville to find lower price housing then they drive 40 to 60 miles to work every day 1 way. New houses sell before they are built people from NY & CA have cash money. A $400,000. new house 2 times bigger than their $2,000,000. house it seems like a bargain to them. They are building zero lot line 2 story houses 12 ft apart with 6ft of yard on both sides & 20 ft of back yard. HOA with a community swimming pool. Our house is on 1¼ acres we have been offered a ton of money to sell they want to bulldoze our house then build 15 zero lot line houses in this property. People from NY & CA have enough cash to live in a motel for 6 months while they look for new house is being built. Most people move into their new house before landscaping if finished. I can drive 10 miles any direction from our house and find 40 new subdivisions of house and 70 or 80 apartment complexes. Apartments are 5 story buildings with 200 apartments in each building. They are also building 100s of TOWN HOUSES they look identical to apartment buildings, they are NOT rentals, you buy your own apartment for $250,000. WOW construction has gone crazy, Mexicans can frame an entire 2 story 3800 sq ft house in 2 days. All the construction workers are Mexicans and the builders are Big National known companies that are building house & town houses in 30 different STATES. TV News claims 1000 new houses are built every week in middle TN area. Pre framed factory made walls come in on tractor trailer trucks workers put the pieces together like a childs toy building block set.

LOOK online at Beazer Homes.
OK, that's about housing, but what about the tools? Mills, lathes, etc? If peeps are moving in as fast as housing can be built, I would thimpfk that the price of tools would go up in TN and down in CA. Tools are reasonable in Illinois and Michigan because the glut from the car manufactories is still there from 30 years ago.

The changes to Fastenal have really hurt anything going east west.
blf-map-0521.png

Currently not shipping between east and west zones.

OK, that's about housing, but what about the tools? Mills, lathes, etc? If peeps are moving in as fast as housing can be built, I would thimpfk that the price of tools would go up in TN and down in CA. Tools are reasonable in Illinois and Michigan because the glut from the car manufactories is still there from 30 years ago.

None of the machine shops around here want a Bridgeport mill anymore, all the machine shops have automated Machining Centers.

Last edited:
No one wants a Bridgeport mill anymore all the machine shops have automated Machining Centers.
OK, that's how they put people out of work and at the same time increase speed and accuracy. The new machines replacing manual machines makes sense in place where the auto industry went tits down but Tennessee? What kind of manufacturing took place in TN which went out of business?

Back