• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

miford sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so Sad!

Indeed it is. Even me, who never owned a machine, knows HOW good they were / are.

I believe, even if I would be able to catch a Super 7 at a good price, i'd to pay twice that for shipping and handling - dreeeeeeaaaaaam :(

RDG Tools apparently bought most of the Myford factory and will be starting to sell myford stuff again.
It may take a while though...

Looks like this may be the opportunity all of us across the pond will get to find some deals!
A sad day indeed, especially for all of us that own Myfords...

Andrew

well I had a look and they have 4 jaw chucks up at a starting price of £10 4 days to go and no bids

Just waiting for them to confirm my registration and then it is off shopping!!!

Andrew

lazylathe said:
Just waiting for them to confirm my registration and then it is off shopping!!!

Andrew

Andrew

I don't want to rain on your parade but remember to take the price of shipping into account. Will the auction ship or do you have to have someone else pick it up and ship it to you? There are going to be a lot of 10pound specials right up to the last minutes then all hell is going to break loose as everyone tries to sneak there bid in under the wire. Good luck. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Don't forget it's 15.5% buyers premium then plus VAT on top of this so there are no £10 deals.
That means a £100 deal is now £138.60 and you have to collect it.

John S.

Hi Don,

Right you are!!! :(
Read the fine print and there is no mention of shipping...

Anyway i sent them off an email to inquire if it is available.

If you look on the last few pages and see the latest lathes going to 10 squid it makes you sad...

I would love a Pratt Burnerd 4 jaw and the dividing attachment...

Andrew

Still, even with the 15.5% and vat you are not going to pay anywhere near what a new machine would cost.

The shipping here would be the deal breaker....

Oh well it was nice to dream for a while....

Andrew

lazylathe said:
If you look on the last few pages and see the latest lathes going to 10 squid it makes you sad...

Andrew

There will be no £10 lathes, what counts is what price they made when the auction ended and if by any chance they haven't reached a decent figure some shill will 'buy' them and they will be offered for sale somewhere else.

Ah yes! £10 lathes! My understanding is there were very few completed lathes and all of those were sold off at the works immediately after the "reorganization" was annouced. I also understand that among the "spares" were a very large number of finished beds and as Andrew has said, everything in the way of spares was acquired bt RGD Tools, W Yorks, UK.

I'm watching the two 254's ... maybe I'm lucky. The page says "lot is to be picked up". What's causing me headaches. I really don't want to know what a hauler wants for picking up and shipping to germany...

I contacted the auction house and they put me in contact with and exporter.
They pick it up, package it and ship out.
All customs duties sorted on that side just the import duties you need to pay in your country.

I will PM you the details they sent me!

Andrew

I imported a Harrisaon lathe in 1985. The dealer in the UK was very accomodating and handled everything (for a small additional charge.) It was shipped (in ocean container) to the bonded depot of an international freight forwarder (Panelpina Ltd) in my city. I went to the depot, paid the duty, and took it away. There were two glitches. The first was that the UK dealer didn't bother to replace the upper part of the crate for shipping so it came essentially on an open pallet and evidence suggested that at some point in the trip it had overturned. The second was that there were some kind of firearms in the container and it was impounded and delivery delayed in Charleston while US Customs and ATF verified who, what, where, etc. But actual door to door transit (minus impoundment delay) took only about 10 days.

I would love to buy one of the lathes but you have to think about the future.
What if something breaks and is almost impossible to replace?
I know there are a lot of spares out there but the prices always seem to go up, never down.

The shipping would be the deal breaker.
To ship over 26KG costs 100 quid, the lathe is a lot heavier than that...

Just a few little nice to have items will suit me fine!
Just to know that they came from the Myford factory and were used there is special enough for me! ;D

Andrew

Well the auction is nearly done!!!
Just a few more hours to wait and see if i can finally be the owner of two Pratt Burnerd 3 and 4 jaw chucks!

Nice to know they came from the Myford factory!!!

Here's hoping!!!

Andrew

Andrew

Saw your name come up as high bidder on a couple of bids for chucks. woohoo1 Now you are going to put in some overtime to float them over the pond. :big: :big: :big:

Don

I can wait!!! ;D

I really needed the narrow 4 jaw so that i can utilize the gap bed of my Myford lathe.

It is just really cool to have some bits from the old Myford Factory that i can use at home!

I missed out on the set that i really wanted though...
It was a 3 and 4 jaw set of Burnerd chucks...
Oh well i think the one 3 jaw is a Burnerd so not all is lost!

I am a happy camper!!!! :big:

Andrew

Andrew

From what I see in the listings you have

Lot 731 91 Pounds, 100mm 3 Jaw and 150mm 4 Jaw

Lot 746 85 Pounds, 150mm 4 Jaw and 170mm 4 Jaw

I still have them available in my browser.

Don

Latest posts

Back