Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition - a few IC engine photos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LADmachining

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here are a few photos of the IC engine exhibits at the Midlands model engineering exhibition.

None of these are any of my work, BTW! ;)

IMG_2057Large.jpg

IMG_2058Large.jpg

This is a single cylinder opposed piston engine by Tom Pasco. More info:- http://www.modelenginenews.org/ed.2004.04.html#2

IMG_2059Large.jpg

Freelance 40cc 90 degree V-twin, also by Tom Pasco.

IMG_2077Large.jpg

A 6" scale McCormick-Deering Oil engine built by Mr S Elliot.

IMG_2080Large.jpg

Freelance version of Economy Engine by Mr R Greenwell

IMG_2070Large.jpg

1/4 scale De Havilland Gypsy by Tom Pasco.

IMG_2071Large.jpg

1/4 scale Bentley BR2 radial by Mr A Johnston

IMG_2061Large.jpg

Pressure controlled 2-stroke by Mr D Nunes

IMG_2065Large.jpg

1/3rd scale Bentley 3litre engine by Mr M Sayers

IMG_2084Large.jpg

'Maltese Falcon' 260cc Flat-4 by Jim Shelley. A book detailing the construction of this engine is available (I am not on commission, BTW ;D)

IMG_2063Large.jpg

Mayfly aero engine with 'Minimag' magneto by Mr G Williams

IMG_2064Large.jpg

Laser 75 engine with minimag conversion.

Overall, there weren't as many engines at this exhibition as some others I have been to, but those there were of a very high standard. :bow: This is not a complaint - there is nothing to stop me entering any of my engines to boost the numbers, except they maybe need a little more 'polish', in my opinion! :big:

Anthony

Nice! Thanks very much for posting the pictures. Beautiful work.

And here I am about to post a few pics of my latest part...it's not even finished. I'm almost embarrassed but the builders of these engines started out just like I did...one leg at a time.

Thanks for taking the time to take and post the pictures, Anthony. It is fun to get to see what other people have built.

Kenny

Truely remarkable work in each and every picture. Thanks so much for sharing those
Bill

Amazing works!

Thanks for the pictures!

Rick

Anthony

Was a good day out imo, though a little quieter than last year methinks. Sorry I missed you and thanks for the photo's

a few from me ............

DSCF7423.jpg

DSCF7422.jpg

DSCF7421.jpg

DSCF7420.jpg

DSCF7419.jpg

DSCF7417.jpg

CC

HI,

You have posted beautiful projects! Thanks a lot!
Can anyone lead me to a builder/designer of an 1/3 sacle DH Gipsy I model engine? There are several built in 1/4 scale, but I am looking for a larger version suitable to power a museum scale 1/3 Gipsy Moth!

Any inputs are much appreciated!
Hans:)

Latest posts

Back