mib 30-20 cnc router

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbdtasos

Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello my friends
i have problems with my cnc router.
i have bought a mib cnc router with 300watt motor and i decided to change the spindle motor.
i bought a 800w spindle motor with inverter from another company and when i start to work with this i have problems with the step motor of Z axis..
when i start the spindle motor the step motor of Z axis start alone and working...if i want to mill a line from X axis from 0 to 100mm distance the Z axis will go -1mm in this distance and the numbers in Mach not change... saw me 00000 but is -1...
all this problems start when i start the spindle ..if spindle is off is all great
what i can do ....
can anyone help me ..
thanks

sounds like EMF interference. Metal mesh cable shieldings, and magnet rings might help ...

I have to agree sounds like an EMF problem.

As already noted Shielded cables and proper shield termination (for the cable feeding the motor) are very important in controlling EMF. However EMF can leave the drive itself via the incoming AC lines. Usually the drive vendor has details about how to control EMF radiated from the drives incoming AC lines - follow the advice there.

Noisy electrical hardware can highlight issues you may have with the machines wiring. I don't have time to detail everything related to good machine tool wiring practice, but make sure things are grounded using the star method, that each drive has its own leads back to the power supply, that power and signal wiring is separated & etc.

thanks for your help my friends..
i buy a new cable and magnets and i was ready to change it but one friend told me to change the plug of the power and maybe work..
i take power from another plug in house and the cnc works fine ...no problems with the servos no problems with nothing...
i dont know why works with another plug but i am happy :)
thanks

Latest posts

Back