MGB question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, seeing these old roadsters makes me miss my old Fiat Spyder.
But I do enjoy my MX-5 (a true British roadster, so says Jeremy Clarkson.)

There is nothing wrong about this thread Dave.
I am enjoying it!

Rick

DICKEYBIRD said:
I don't remember ever seeing a 'B engine with the oil filler cap at the rear though.

Thanks for the photo DickyBird, it clearly shows I'm Not even close.

Leaves me with a question now. In both photos there is a triple bend in the heater tube. It lines up with where the oil cap would be if the cover was other way round. Apart from the obvious answer "its British" whats it there for?

Bez

When I was in college, there was this kid with either an "B" or a "C"(?) that he had put a 283 chevy in......HOLY(&#(@ did that thing go!

I think it was described as bi-stable....Out of line , or , About to be out of line! :big:

Dave

mgbrv8 said:
Gentlemen I appreciate your input and insight but I am receiving a number of very angry and just plain mean messages from Senior members. so tomorrow I will make it a note to delete this post from the break room portion of this site. My intent was not to cause a hurtful avenue for bully's to attack. Your advice has been very helpful to my friend. And with your help and his southbend lathe he has engineered and fabricated a solution. Thank you for your time and thoughtfulness gentleman.

Dave

so what is the sites policy on Cyber bullying, can these Senior members be exposed and Banned or are they allowed to do it because they are "Senior members" if this is a regular occurrence surely something should be done,
I hope whatever action is taken is done Publicly to put off any other potential Bullies
Peter

Guys,

As the once proud owner of a 1964 MGB, (the last of the 3 bearing crankshafts), I too am enjoying this. I can't offer any advise because years of killing off my brain cells have left this area a complete blank. If memory serves me correctly my crankcase vent was to atmosphere, out of the rocker cover and down the side of the block, no PCV valve involved. :eek:

Best Regards
Bob

ksouers said:
Damn, seeing these old roadsters makes me miss my old Fiat Spyder.
But I do enjoy my MX-5 (a true British roadster, so says Jeremy Clarkson.)

I'm right with you Kevin! Finally let go of my '79 Midget and my '74 1/2 B-GT last summer, proceeds to go to 'tweaking' my MX-5. woohoo1

BTW, my first car was a '70 Fiat Spyder. Those were the days....

Cheers

Jeff

Groomengineering said:
BTW, my first car was a '70 Fiat Spyder. Those were the days....

Mine was a '70, also! It was dull red when I got it but I repainted it Ferrari Racing Red. My friends called it "Arrest-me Red".
As soon as I could afford it I put a pair of Weber DCOE's on it. Man, it would scoot then!

Now I just like to run up a winding hill by the house and the occasional autocross.

Back