Metric Trojan Mk II

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brookesy

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have ordered plans for a Trojan Mk II engine and I'll be buying the castings. Has anyone done a metric plan for this engine?

I simply use 25.4 and for shafts and bores use the nearest size. The engine wont know the difference
My main interest is Hot Air engines and most drawings are metric and my machine are imperial and Iv never had a problem
cheers
frazer

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty much what i'll do

Thanks Thomas.

That's brilliant!
I just did a quick comparison and will be using this for converting some drawings... carefully of course.

Thank you Thomas.

Wow, you just saved me a lot of work :)

That's going straight to the pool room
(the Aussies will understand that one)

That's a lovely chart. I've copied it.
Thanks Thomas

Great chart Thomas. I just printed it off with the last the ink in the printer, wife not happy!

I could of used this last week when I converted Bill Lindsy's Rotary Beam engine to metric.

Thanks Ben.

I use 25.6 mm to 1 inch as the results are more pleasing if you have to deal with fractions.

Thomas
Very many thanks for the referred charts. I have printed & filed them for future use. Can you kindly explain the last column (1/1000)? I did not understand that column !
Did you ever manage to source castings+plans in Metric for a model steam engine? I cannot findany! best regards. Alan.

Very many thanks for the referred charts. I have printed & filed them for future use. Can you kindly explain the last column (1/1000)? I did not understand that column !
Did you ever manage to source castings+plans in Metric for a model steam engine? I cannot findany! best regards. Alan.
To save space on the sheet and, as the results/digit are always the same, I removed the last digit (1/1000 of mm) and added a single column for it. To be fair I could have done this to the 1/100 too but did not recognize at that time....

I did no search for any plans or casting in Metric, instead I used available plans of the (well known?) Clayton undertype steam wagon, added the Metric values to the pdf and created an, still not finished, OnShape drawing.

best regards
Thomas

To save space on the sheet and, as the results/digit are always the same, I removed the last digit (1/1000 of mm) and added a single column for it. To be fair I could have done this to the 1/100 too but did not recognize at that time....

I did no search for any plans or casting in Metric, instead I used available plans of the (well known?) Clayton undertype steam wagon, added the Metric values to the pdf and created an, still not finished, OnShape drawing.

best regards
Thomas
thanks
best regards
alan
malta

Latest posts

Back