• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

METERIAL SUPPLY ON FEE BAY

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOOFY063

Reaction score
just ran across this on eBay better prices than speedymetal
http://shop.ebay.com/ixenn!/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Sorry, but the link does not appear to be correct.

-MB

the sellers name is ixenn search key word was mill ending soonest.
1 inch brass rod 18.75 per foot speedy is 24.10 perfoot

I wish they were based here in the UK...Those prices are great compared to what we have to pay... :(

thanks for the link. I am always looking for cheap materials. Although I cant afford what I want most the time. :-[

thanks
kel

I've purchased material from this fellow. He's alright in my book.
I bought five or six different sizes from him at one time. He put them all in one box, and sent them at the same shipping cost as if I had bought only one item. Very fair, and pretty good price on metals, too.

Dean

I would just like to point out one thing.

I made a very infrequent to my scrapyard the other day, as Stew had given me the nod about some good stuff that had come in.

Now that the economy is picking up again, metal prices are starting to rise fast. 3 or 4 months ago, for scrap brass I was paying approx 1 UK Pound per pound in weight.

That has now shot up to 1.5 UKP for 1LB, and when I asked my man in the yard, he is expecting it to go up even more in the next few months, as the worlds producers start to get back into full production, and require more raw materials.

I would suggest you stock up now for the future if you can. Unless of course you can forsee another global financial meltdown, then don't bother.

Blogs

I have dealt with him a couple of times. He ships quick and his prices are good.

It is years since I bought brass from a metal supplier. It is scary to consider more than $6.00/pound a bargain. I stop by a local scrap dealer on a regular basis and take a look in the brass bins. Price peaked a couple of years ago at $2.00/pound and the dropped back to $1.50. The best deals were when the price was high and even the metal dealers were bringing in their old stock. The scrap yard pays the highest price for material under 3' in length so there was frequently whole bars cut into lengths about three feet long.

Another advantage of this scrap yard is they charge the same price for any of the brass type metals, including 660 bearing bronze.

Back