Metals Cost Comparison

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kquiggle

Reaction score
For my own benefit, I put together a spreadsheet comparing the cost of a selection of metals from various vendors - I thought others might like to see it as well. You can see the spreadsheet at the link below.

An important caveat: No one should look at this spreadsheet and assume that because aluminum is cheapest from vendor X, that vendor X will always have the lowest cost for all sizes, shapes, and types of aluminum.

I welcome any suggestions for improving (or correcting) the spreadsheet, or general suggestions for getting the best deal when buying metals.

https://sites.google.com/site/lagadoacademy/machining---lathes-mills-etc/review---metal-prices

Nicely done. Your website has lots of interesting stuff as well.

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks for the kind words Phil. I'm still developing my machining skills, but I like to contribute to the community in other ways whenever I can.

Academy of Lagado what a Swift way to gain attention :D
Tin

I had to Wickipedia "Academy of Lagado". What a great name considering your background. But hey, keep at it and you'll be able to drop the reference to Lagado.

Cheers,
Phil

Spread sheet is nicely done.
I also saw this on another site,but did not thank you.
Again well done.
Was it you who did a spread sheet for the rotary table and index plate selection.That to is excellent.

John
Spain

Spread sheet is nicely done.
I also saw this on another site,but did not thank you.
Again well done.
Was it you who did a spread sheet for the rotary table and index plate selection.That to is excellent.

John
Spain

Thanks John. The rotary table spreadsheet wasn't mine. I'd like to see it if you have a link.

Back