Metal suppliers in South Western Ontario

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrizzly1022

Reaction score
Hi All

I will be travelling to the South Western Ontario (Barrie, Toronto, and Windsor areas) in a couple of weeks.
Where would folks recommend a fellow source a small cache of day to day materials?
I am thinking some rounds, and hex as well as a bit of flat bar in brass and mild steel.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Regards.... Bert

+1 for metal supermarkets!

If you stop off at the one in London on your way to Windsor there is a Lee valley right next door!!! ;D

Andrew

Hi Bert;

You could check out Metal Supermarket for small cuts and different shapes. They have several stores around TO. And area.
I find Canada Steel very good to deal with for steel and aluminums
I am guessing you must be from the part of Ontario that is much
closer to the north pole ;D

Peter

Hi All

Thanks! I will have to give The Metal supermarket a try.

I am located just west of Dryden On, not quite the North Pole, but there have been winters when it has felt like it. Not this one though, I has been a great one so far this year.

Regards….Bert

Check ot Barrie Machine and Welding on Anne St in Barrie just south of Dunlop, they have the largest stock in town.
Regards, Cole

I agree with metal supermarket but barrie machine has a lot of alu and stainless steel plus sometimes they have a lot of reamers end mills and mill cutters for good deals haven't been in two years though.

Hi Again

Thanks for the tip re. Barrie Machine and Welding. I will have to check them out

Bert

Back