Metal soures

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Fellow forum members:
Last night I got home from the Iron Fever Model engineering show in eastern PA. These shows can be a great place to make friends. meet and greet with vendors to the hobby and generally network with Home shop machinist/engineers.
Well as a result I found out about a couple of metal suppliers that specialize in small quantity orders and target the hobby market.

The first one is Hobby metal kits LLC the Idea is to provide a pre- cut bar stock kit for popular plan sets. Send a bill of materials and you get everything needed for your project one stop shopping. And if you just need a few pieces to fill out what is needed for an engine they will sell that too. they also sell assortment packages say 1/8 to 1' brass rounds also available in aluminum or 303 stainless. the web site is www.hobbymetalkits.com
these folks are in Watertown Wisconsin.
From what I can tell it is home based side business that is mostly mail order and sells at shows. But has access to a large warehouse of metals

The second one is on the east coast on the NE outskirts of Baltimore about a mile off the I 95/ I695 interchange. it is called Access metals. I have talked with and purchased metal from Yolanda, the owner in the past. A great person to deal with. the web address is http://www.accessmetalsinc.com/default.asp?iId=GFJGH
The web site does not look real user friendly so write list of your needs and e-mail it to them for a quote . They are set up for easy pickup at the warehouse.

Hope this helps you with finding the metals you need for your projects.
Tin

Back