McOnies`s Oscillating Engine 3D CAD

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assembly Test 12

Assembly Test 121.jpg

View attachment Assembly Test 12_iam_stp_x_t.zip

You've done a great job of modeling. I know how many hours go into what you are doing there. Great Job!!!----Brian

I just opened the .stp version and the .X_t version in Solidworks, and the parts and assemblies imported flawlessly. The only difference I can see is that the .stp files import with nothing mated nor fixed in space. I control/selected everything in the feature tree and chose "fix" to fix them all in space. Non of the mates in the assemblies get imported, which is a big pain in the butt. The .x_t files were all "fixed in space" when I imported them. I see that you must have more work to complete, as there is currently nothing driving the valve in the valve chest. You are spending a lot of time on this.---Brian

I just opened the .stp version and the .X_t version in Solidworks, and the parts and assemblies imported flawlessly. The only difference I can see is that the .stp files import with nothing mated nor fixed in space. I control/selected everything in the feature tree and chose "fix" to fix them all in space. Non of the mates in the assemblies get imported, which is a big pain in the butt. The .x_t files were all "fixed in space" when I imported them. I see that you must have more work to complete, as there is currently nothing driving the valve in the valve chest. You are spending a lot of time on this.---Brian

Hi, I am still working on.......
I expect to have some problems with the imports, but if the x_t files work ok then everything is ok. It is too bad if the mates do not work as they are made so the engine is moving /kinematically correct/.I am posting all the files so you can make your own assembly if the exported ones do not work.

Back