McOnies`s Oscillating Engine 3D CAD

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Engine Man
Reaction score
Hello, to every one.
I plan to post in this thread complete 3D CAD model of McOnies`s Oscillating Engine.
All parts and assemblies will be build in Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013.
The idea behind this tread is to help every one, that is building this engine from casting, to get fool picture of the task they are undertaking and to clarify the construction ahead. Construction of McOnies`s Oscillating Engine was published in Model Engineer starrting from 25 April 2008 and the last post was 27 march 2009. Project was build by Anthony Mount, great model engineer by the way.
3D modle parts will have the same name and part number as in Model Engineer Magazine.

First part
Flywheel
Part 01

Flywheel_Part_01.jpg

View attachment Flywheel_Part_01.ipt.zip

If some one needs earlier version of Inventor files or any other kind of file format just ask for it.

Why not save the files as parasolid .x_t files or .step files and post them. That way anybody with a 3D cad system, regardless of platform will be able to download them?---Brian

I use an Iphone for all my hmem stuff but it wont dowload zip files

Well I do not know how to help you.

You hav to dowload and decompress the files in order to use them

My CAM program will only read STL files should I ever decide to try to CNC mill any of these parts. I found a good STP reader, but it won't convert STP to STL. Any thoughts?

I noticed that you said earlier that you'd have all the needed formats once everything was drawn. That's soon enough for me. I've had thoughts of building this engine "some day", but it won't be that soon as I have other projects underway.

Latest posts

Back