Mazak integrex i-300S

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kindly introduce yourself and tell us about your interests in model engineering. Perhaps we can better help you.

Phil

I love to machine, it's a dream come true. I started out working on 2 axis lathes and 3 axis mills for about 2 1/2 yrs then started working 9 to12 axis screw machine (Tornos deco's 10-26) also worked on a new Tornos micro 8 (6 axis excluding 2 precision cam supports) and I'm now working on a mazak integrex I- 300S...
The first time working on one and in 4 months can make some pretty cool parts using mazatrol conversational programming...

Hi ismael wish I had this sort of kit I would settle for a 30 year old Mazak QT8 to do some jobs I have pending at the moment

Yeah she's a great machine once u figure her out. We finally got cam work to post...

What do you need the g-code for?

If you've using the Mazak stick with the conversational programming.
I've got an old Mazak SQ25T, you can insert g-code but so much easier with the conversational program.

ismael4243 : HMEM is a hobby forum for guys that build model engines. Most of us crank machine handles for fun. And few have cnc machines and even fewer have industrial grade CNC machines at home or work.
You may want to look into the new MACH wizards program it is designed to generate G code for many machines and is conversational. Just make sure it has a post processor for your machine before buying . IF it does not call them and see if it is possible to get it added. the guy that developed wizards hangs here so he may be able to comment or answer that question.

Tin

Anyone has any sample g code programs ( turning/mill )?

Generally anyone with a machine of that calibre would have all the gizmo's and also top notch software to program it to its full capability ???

If you want a sample program PM me with exactly what you are looking for or send me a 3d drawing file, I will run it through my Cam package and post process a file to suit your specific machine for you to play around with.

Baz.

I agree with "Darren English" go with the conversational side of things. I'd assume many people on this forum run mazaks (including me) so if you need any help learning how to program its just a post away!

Well, speakinng from experience, the conversational is often useless when you need to work from a complicated solid file or have anything more than a simple 2d drawing.

I can completely understand wanting to run G-code.

Allibre CAM in my opininion is the most functional for the money. I use edgecam when i need an awesome toolpath or more complication. I can get usable code from allibre in about 3 to 4 minutes for my anilam machines which is way faster than conversational.

Back