May Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thing of beauty, Pete, congratulations on a job very well done!
Stew

A complex project and fantastic result, congratulations :bow:

Peter

Beautiful job. Great finish, museum quality.
Mike

Cracking job Pete a well deserved project of the month.

Stew

What a superb model this has turned out to be; a well deserved Project of the Month.

I have read every post of your build, it is amazing how quickly you put it together.
Now just waiting for a proper track test :)

Well done. I like 0 4 0 trains and this one looks a treat.

Brock

Thanks again everybody for your good wishes. I'm still a bit surprised myself.

regards

Pete

Wow Pete! When can I come over for a play date? People ask me what my engines do. You can actually show them.

I showed your Loco to my girlfriend and her daughters. They exclaimed in unisen, "It's A Choo Choo"!
Alan

Hi Pete,
Well done! Nice to see that" down under" can pull one out of the hat!
Are you by chance going up to Thames in a couple of weeks? If so it would be nice to say hi

Cheers Kerrin

From the Naki New Zealand

Hi Peter,

Well done to one of our brothers across the ditch, I wish I had that much patience to complete a model like that. I always rush things to get it working.

Paul.

Alan

You may find it's a bit of a trek down here

Kerrin

I'm afraid I won't be going to Thames. I've got the refurbishment of my Simplex to get underway so I've got something to play with in the summer. The Northumbrian is too small for long term train playing. I only did it as a first time project to see if I could. I can then plan the long term project for once retirement comes along, maybe something in 7 1/4" gauge.

Paul

Thanks; as has been said before one step at a time make each part the best you can and move on to the next one. When I made my first wobbler engine, just over 2 years ago it had 48 parts. I thought it was going to take me forever but it was done in 3 weeks. I hadn't done any metalworking since school until that point.

Thanks again

Pete

:bow: wow, that is a beautiful piece of work there Pete!!! Thanks for sharing it with us :) and congrats on project of the month, it is well deserved!

Regards,

Will

Magnificent! Well done, Pete. Congratulations for the well-deserved recognition.

Best regards,

Orrin

Thank you all again for your good wishes. I'm out in the workshop trying to get motivated for my next project, the renovation of a very tired Simplex. I find I'm just tinkering at the moment. I'll get the spark soon and be away.

regards

Pete

That is a very, very, nice looking model,
beautiful craftsmanship, indeed.

You did a superb job in the materials choice, as well as the paint colors.
As well as the mechanical details.

It's one beautiful work of art.

Thanks Hobby

As I've said to the others I'm pretty pleased with the result and surprised myself to some degree. It's now got pride of place in the living room waiting for summer to come along so I can go and play. (summer is 6 months away for us).

Pete

Back