Maryak 10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin and Tony,

Thanks for your help and support. :bow: :bow:

The prop is a Bolly Clubman.

Well....... I read the idiots guide to fuel tanks and hooked mine up to the engine. ;)

Fuel tank Internals.

IMG_0561.jpg

Connected Up.

IMG_0562.jpg

I had a bit of fuel left from my previous engine so put it into the tank and gave it a flip. There was an encouraging pop pop pop. Mixed some more and.............

Hope your week ended as good as mine did.

Best Regards
Bob

Bob:

Yea! Congrats on the runner :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride.

Cheers, Joe

Thats great Bob.

I just checked the date for the start of the build thread. 4-1/2 months from first chips to first pop. Excellent , especially considering the amount of ongoing design refinements, the time you took to document this for the rest of us, and getting Mrs M's mansion built. Outstanding, and thank you for the ride.
:bow: :bow: woohoo1 :bow: :bow:

We are all happy for you and proud of you.
Engine noise covered up the whoop in the video but I did see the thumbs up.
Thanks again.
Gail in NM,USA

Congrats M10,
This comes as a great suprise :big: No advanced warning that you were going to attempt Rof}
Great build and she looks and sounds great  th_wav Thm:
It's amazining what goes on down under when I'm asleep here up over Rof}
Best Of Luck with your new Baby
Tony

PS I had to get the Russky that I work with to translate. Boat guy!!
How did you start hand or drill? Show me!

Bob A BIG Congratulations! Very well done! Thom: Thom: Thom: Thom: Great video also. This has been a great thread and I certainly learned a lot from it and I am so happy to see that "little" puppy running as well as it does. Once again congratulations. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Bob

Congratulations on the successful completion of you project and the wonderful video! :bow:

It was an interesting and very informative journey to follow along as your project progressed. I remember you started the project right around the time I joined HMEM. When I saw the huge round billet of metal that would become the crankcase I thought to myself "This I gotta see!" Not that I had any doubt's about YOUR capabilities. For a beginner like me I could not imagine how that chunk of metal would become a motor!

You showed me how! Thank you! :bow:

-MB

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob,

Congratulations on a superb piece of work, only thing wrong with the video was your great big grin that took up most of the frame.

I am sure you are over the moon with the results.

Ok chaps, what do you think?.... this was much too easy a project for him....He He.

Now how about a twin row 16cylinder radial? 8) 8) 8) :p

Or even a STEAM BOILER?...... :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Ducks as he leaves the room..... ;D :big: :big: ;D

Again Bob, very well done, documented and filmed.

Best regards.

SandyC.

Bob

:bow: Bravo :bow: well done on an excellent Thm: runner Thm:

woohoo1

Regards

Philly

Hi Bob.
Tank you for the tour. Nice running engine Thm:
Waiting for the next project, wandering what it would bee?
Thanks again.
Regards
CS

That's awesome Bob! Very well done. Congratulations.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Well done!!! Hip Hip Hurray! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ron

Congrats engine sounds great. Nice video support team was a nice touch. Looking forward to your next build.

Hi,

It's 05 double splash in the morning here and I've had my heart starter, (coffee and a fag). This is followed by all of your kind words.

What a great start to the day -
smiley-signs101.gif
. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
smiley-signs153.gif

Next I plan to de-aluminise the shop, the mill and the lathe :eek: followed by a rehash of my storage cupboards and a good clean up all round.

Thanks also for finding my next project. ::) - However my daughter bought me this for Xmas.....

IMG_0291.jpg

So blood being thicker than water this will be my next project.

Thanks again everyone.

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Tony,

Nice Hit and Miss, I will be seeking help on the electric side, have not touched SI engines since the late 1960's.

To answer your question about starting M10.

The initial pops came from a hand turnover. "Bugger it," lets try my drill fitted with the cone off my tachometer.

Away it went - frightened me half to death. 1/8 turn on the compression screw and some thread tape on the throttle, (it was vibrating open) and it settled down. Went through 100ml of fuel in around 4 mins.

Best Regards
Bob

Bob,
It popped into my head on the drive home. The tubing and stopper that came with the tank are not compatible with diesel fuel, kerosene or gasoline just glow fuel. They will turn to jelly soon!!
you need to get a gas conversion kit from the place you bought the tank. That will just be the stopper.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD755&P=7
you need to buy this type of tubing
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD734&P=ML

Congrats again. stickpoke

I have to go and make a check valve for the fuel, it's in the plans but I thought I could get away with just elevating the tank, nope th_rulze Hope to have it running soon, then for the Ba Da Bling!!!
Tony

That's Awesome Bob!...whoooohoooo. woohoo1...do you guys see the pedalstil grinder next to the engine vibrating and bouncing around!....it's a beast! th_confused0052 I love engines that scare me a little! :big:

You should be rightly proud for a job very well done. Thank you so much for taking me and everyone else along!
It feels good don't it

Go Bob,,,,Go bob,,,Go Bob......

Goodonya my friend! Thm:

Dave

I am grateful and flattered for the place in the credits.....but its all you buddy!

Oh and as for your new engine project....HEHEHEHHEE!

Have I got a good reference for you when it comes time for the "Bling"

6" bore...10" stroke and 3600 pounds complete with twin 42" flywheels..........Looks very similar to your book cover.

That would be my "little" engine. hehehehehhe

Dave
;D

Latest posts

Back