Martin Models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try ministeam.com
Hi

Are you saying that ministeam purchased martin models? I went over there and only see the engines that were always on the site. Did not see the Quorn , the Gade cart, or any of the other models he sold.

Bob

I don't want to mislead, since I don't know. I was curious and just did a search for Martin model engines. Ministeam popped up. I seem to remember the Quorn and Gade. I'll do some more poking about.

Here's two more that might work. users.easystreet.com and morrisonand marvin.com

Hello All, or as my Southern Belle Wife would say, "Hi All Ya'all!",

Gary Martin at Martin Model & Pattern here. I would like to up date everyone.

I am having my website rebuilt and there are glitches to overcome. I don't know what happened yesterday to go offline, but thanks to a couple of emails that came my way, I was able to alert the webmaster to fix the problem.

We moved 20 miles out of the city of Portland Oregon 5 years ago to Scappoose (pronounced like "papoose"). The previous post with address and phone number are out of date. Current mailing address is PO Box 1342, Scappoose Oregon 97056. Landline is 503-987-1889, cell is 503-329-8949.

We still sell the Mery, Gade, and John Deere Model Engine Casting Sets. I also produce the castings for the Little John, Little Brother and Olds engines for other suppliers.

We also still make the Quorn, Pillar Tool, Versatile Dividing Head, Strongarm Hand Shaper, Gear Hobber, and Die Filer Casting Sets.

We are adding to the website the Machinist/Scraping product line that includes Camelback Straightedges from 6" to 52" long among other items.

We are also the largest suppliers of Model Engine Flywheels and Full size engine flywheels in the world, to the best of my knowledge.

Take a look also at the other sections of the website that will show the Classes I teach at my shop, some of the other oddball and miscellaneous castings I sell, along with photos of some industrial patterns.

I hope I have not overstepped my bounds here, but encourage anyone to contact me concerning any patterns or castings you may need. Thank you.

I purchased a set of 6” Universal Pillar Tool castings last year and just finished machining them. They are beautiful castings and machined very nicely. Did a build series on my YouTube channel and Instagram page, both are called Metalmill52. I’d highly recommend Gary’s products. The attached photo is prior to any paint and “body” work. Thanks!

Attachments

• 96541F62-F555-43FD-97F1-62ABD5619579.jpeg
    96541F62-F555-43FD-97F1-62ABD5619579.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 254
Hi Chuck,

Missed having the chance to meet up with you at NAMES this year. I hope things are better by spring 2021 so we can have the Model Shows again.
I made a trip to South Dakota for the opportunity to set up at the Black Hills Model Engineering Show in late September though.

Gary

Glad you posted, Gary!
I wish more vendors would post here occasionally, just to let us know they still are in business, and also what new items they might be working on.
I wouldn't consider these sales pitches, either. There are a LOT of vendors I haven't heard a word out of in years, and I think some of them have died, and no one knows it yet.
Thank you for the address and contact info corrections as well!
I have a set of your "Strong Arm Shaper" castings for a hand shaper project, and they are just gorgeous!

Thank you for you encouragement. There used to be 5 iron foundries in Oregon and 2 across the Columbia River in Washington within 75 miles of me where I could get my castings done. There is now ONE, and I predict it will be gone within 3 years. My industrial patternwork is the only thing that has allowed me to keep this almost non-profit model supply side going. I had to let go half of my help in April. There is not much happening on the industrial side. I would encourage all modelers to support all the vendors you can before we disappear. I intend to hang in there as long as I can, but the cost of my products will have to go up at least 50% when I need to go to the higher production foundries that are farther away from me.

Gary provides excellent castings and service, and he's a really nice guy too! We've done both of the Deere casting kits that he offers and they were great. I would highly recommend Martin Models to anyone!

I wish they would start a page called "Vendor News" where people like yourself, and even the smallest suppliers, could post their news and things like address changes, etc.
It would also be a place for them to do surveys, and find out what people are looking for.
Example: "Backyard Foundry is considering 4 new kits to bring out. Which one would you prefer? Which one would you buy?" Potential customers would know, first of all, that the kit might be available, and second, what other options there might be. .

Showing foresight. :D
The "peaceful protesters" in Portland have only caused $25-35 million in damages so far. The looney Mayor was reelected, but that was a good thing because his opponent billed herself "I will be the Antifa Mayor". 🙃👺💩

Hi.. I spoke to Gary of Martin Models, last week on the phone and ordered one of the Gear Hob kits. I received it Saturday and it looks great. Very nice,clean castings. Very securely packed. I look forward to building it later this winter. Spoke for a long time with Gary, seems to be a very nice, affable guy. His site was up last week, but the ordering part was not. I gave him a call and ordered it that way and was no problem. I highly recommend Martin Models.

Latest posts

Back