Marks Holt 75

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading your thread as I'm in the process of building one of these engines
My question is, is there a spring that fits inside the governor housing to work against the action of the flyballs?
I don't remember there being a spring. I will look when i get home and if there is I will let you know.

Mark T

There should be a spring inside the governor body (.250 diameter hole) The part with the pivot posts slides in and out of the body. The spring returns the post.
The spring should fit in the .250 bore and be .018-.020 diameter wire. and about .19 long. The tips of the flyball arms (.126 dimension) will need to be adjusted to allow the flyballs to move out freely.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I am changing the drawing and will get it out to you.
gbritnell

Thanks George
I wondered what pushed the balls back
I've got a fair way with the castings I made, would you be interested in some pics
Thanks
Dougie

Hi Dougie,
I've sent you an updated drawing. Thanks for bringing it to may attention. Yes I would love to see pictures of the castings.
gbritnell

Thanks George
If you can view tiktok, my user name is weedougie1l
I have documented the build from castings to present in video
I have to confess when I had your drawings printed I had them done on A3 paper, just so I could see them better, but that size is 1.5x A4 which is closer to your original
Consequently, when I took the sizes from the drawings I was 1.5x too big. I didn't realise my mistake before I had made the crankcase patterns, by then it was too late so I just carried on
If you see my videos, let me know what you think
Regards
Dougie

Thanks George
If you can view tiktok, my user name is weedougie1l
I have documented the build from castings to present in video
I have to confess when I had your drawings printed I had them done on A3 paper, just so I could see them better, but that size is 1.5x A4 which is closer to your original
Consequently, when I took the sizes from the drawings I was 1.5x too big. I didn't realise my mistake before I had made the crankcase patterns, by then it was too late so I just carried on
If you see my videos, let me know what you think
Regards
Dougie
Just took a look qt your work on Tik Tok. never would have thought to use tik tok that way. quite an impessive collection -thanks!

Back