Marks Holt 75

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no oil escaping from the rear shaft seal so I probably forgot to install the o-ring in the front. Its not a lot of oil but it runs along the shaft to the front flywheel and gets flung out making a mess of my work bench. I'm on my way out to the shop now to see what I can do about it. I will take some completed photos once its cleaned up and reassembled. And will post a vid when it is tuned up. This has been a great project and I hate seeing it end.

While I am bringing this build to a close I am making plans to start building "Bernay's steam engine" from the plans provided by "Jorgensen Steam" that I found posted on this forum. Its an unusual design with lots of interesting moving parts. The photo below is from Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library . This is a nice sight offering cad drawings and there are other photos of this engine posted.

Mark T

View attachment 121243
Did you find drawings for the Bernay's steam engine ?

Yes I did Richard. I sent you a copy awhile back. I will give you a printed copy on your next visit.

Mark
Oh, I thot I must have had the dwgs, but my laptop died, now it's going to be trouble getting some of my latest work off it. I have most of the stuff bakt up on external discs but nots all. My wife was kind enough to buy a new laptop for me, it's a nice one too with 17" screen and NOT an hp! That's a plus.

I don't know why this often works but it has several times for me. Put your laptop in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then try booting. If it works work fast to recover your files.

Mark T
it's reporting that the fans are not working which is true--they are rattling around. how did you find out about that?

it's reporting that the fans are not working which is true--they are rattling around. how did you find out about that?

Computers don't like heat so I tried freezing balky laptops to see if that helped. It often did but just till they got hot again.

Mark T

Computers don't like heat so I tried freezing balky laptops to see if that helped. It often did but just till they got hot again.

Mark T
that might be possible to get some of my important stuff off before it crashes agai. On the other hand I can get it lookt at for 50$ and maybr repaired long enough to get the good stuff off.

Holt 75 Radiator.jpg

Rain Cap.jpg

Success looks so perfect, all of your hard work shows. Now take a deep breath time to build Bernays Steam Engine! The photos are great, the detail of the build really looks sharp. Well time to clean the shop and get ready for your next build!

that might be possible to get some of my important stuff off before it crashes agai. On the other hand I can get it lookt at for 50$ and maybr repaired long enough to get the good stuff off.
Just take the drive out and put it in the spare slot in your new laptop and you'll be able to access all your files.

Roger

Really outstanding work on your engine Mark. All the different colors really make it stand out. How is the overflow tube plumbed into the radiator?
gbritnell

How is the overflow tube plumbed into the radiator

The top end is epoxy glued into the hole in the radiator tank. Was a tight fit that required a tap with a soft mallet.

All the different colors really make it stand out

Thanks for your comments George. I like to go for "a look" when building a model. I loved your all (well mostly)
aluminum look on the holt you built. And thanks again for the great set of drawings. I see you get up early, you must have a cat.

Mark

Back