Marine steam twin 13 mm x 13 or French Twin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marius

Reaction score
Hello everybody
I started this project at the end of 2009 and now is ready to run.The plan(is metric), is free and is available in download section of the forum.I saw some people who ask if is somebody who build this engine and I decided to post here my project.This is a second engine which I have build (i'm a beginer) :)
I don't have too much pictures while I'm machining because everytime forget about this.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

Here is a short movie with the parts and engine running :
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjn047uXYQ[/ame]

Comments, critics and vote are welcome :)

Marius

WOW what a beauty, and it runs like a Swiss watch. The low RPM is a testament to your skill. supper job

Tom

Marius

That's a beauty! Great job, thanks for showing it to us. :bow: :bow:

Joe

I vote "very good".

I wondered if anyone had actually built that engine.
I always assumed that it was a casting kit since it looks so nice and well designed.

Pat J

Hi All,

I downloaded the .dwg (but can't seem to remember where in the plans section :wall:).

I scaled the plans up for 60mm cylinders and eventually plan on reposting the plans when time permits....

I'm looking to build a bigger engine for one of my projects....

Any rule of thumb as far as the size of the flywheel?

George

Thanks so much for your comments.
In this plan is another part, a gas regulator, i make this part too and you can see the pictures below. Since when I build this part, a friend of mine who lives in Germany ask me if i can build another one. I build only one and was a gift for him, but i still have the pictures :)

regulator gata.jpg

2009-10-25 010.jpg

2009-10-25 002.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

nice job and a real smooth runner . thanks for sharing . jonesie

Back