Making a model Cannon

Help Support HMEM:

bufferbrown

Reaction score
Yes I'm sure it was but here is one way. With a slightly different carriage but it shows their ingenuity. Clever how they got the wheels off I think.
20210729_165932.jpg

20210729_165951.jpg

Last edited:

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, I like the idea of the golf ball cannon. A little out of scope here, but I think a bowling ball cannon would be awesome. Maybe someday…
I remember seeing a YouTube (? or similar) video a few years ago where someone made a bowling ball cannon out of a decommissioned gas cylinder of the sort used for argon, CO2, etc. They had it set up somewhat like a mortar, and launched a few bowling balls.

Obviously one would want to be absolutely certain of what is downrange. I don't know what the range was in the video, but as I recall it was considerable - half a mile? A mile? The few times I have done some target shooting with a rifle, there was a an earthen berm (e.g., hillside) to keep the projectiles from traveling their full range; not sure if one could arrange that with a cannon, especially not one that is designed to be more of a mortar.

On edit: there are a BUNCH of videos out there on bowling ball cannons ... and you probably already knew that. Sorry for stating the obvious! But just in case anyone has not thought it all the way through, here is one video that might be worth watching - damage and a horse killed half-a-mile away:

Last edited:

pramodisha

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I have made a few modifications to my model. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. :)

Thanks.
Pramod S. Agrawal.

Attachments

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great for office.
If the meeting on engines goes bad it handy having a Canon on desk for fast corrections..

Dave

Hello Friends,
I have made a few modifications to my model. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy. :)

Thanks.
Pramod S. Agrawal.

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
One first machine project's was watching my father and brother make Canon.

Ok my father and brothers got more than I did on that day.
But in few years I was machining engine parts.

The my father and mother said made all parts for motorcycle they would buy wheels.
I finished the project.

It gave me great views what took a engine.

FYI my father and mother was terrified I completely my part.. they purchased wheels from Honda and payed.

Dave

Ha ha ha. True.....

pramodisha

Reaction score
One first machine project's was watching my father and brother make Canon.

Ok my father and brothers got more than I did on that day.
But in few years I was machining engine parts.

The my father and mother said made all parts for motorcycle they would buy wheels.
I finished the project.

It gave me great views what took a engine.

FYI my father and mother was terrified I completely my part.. they purchased wheels from Honda and payed.

Dave
GREAT!!!!!