Major Seal 30cc Build

Help Support HMEM:

Weldsol

Reaction score
Lets try this. I sealed the head studs with wellseal which was fine when the engine was cold but as the water temperature increased water started coming up the studs. I don't want to epoxy them in so I am trying high temp silicone and spaced the head up with wood shims and slightly preloaded the studs to take up any play. I also have a plan to join the 2 castings of the head with epoxy and make as one.
Thank you for the kind words. It's been a fun project and I'm sure it wont be the last. 👍
Hi Basil these things re sent to try us, I may have the same issue with my engine but mine uses cap heads not studs so maybe not as easy to fix as yours.
Hope you get it fixed ok
Paul

JtH

Reaction score
Basil, beautiful work. I have a full set of castings, plans and materials sitting ready to go in my Australian workshop, but am presently marooned in New Zealand ( not actually an bad place to be stuck) Did you build the engine without reference to other resources or did you discover additional online resources - apart from this wonderful web site? Once again warmest congratulations. You have set the bar high!

Basil

Reaction score
Thank you, So very kind. This is my first model engine build, I took a lot of care with everything, learned a massive amount from this group. Wasn't sure how it would run though. I've wanted to build something like this for many many years. Today I discovered I'd made an error and got the twin coil firing order wrong. I'm used to 1-3-4-2 so I mistakenly placed the wasted spark on cylinder 3 instead of 4, I was getting a number 1 fire but wasted on number 3 at bottom dead center. It runs better now! lol. You've always got to laugh at yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts