Lucky day!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camm-1

Reaction score
Hi
Had a day off today and decided to look around to get some material for my Hoglett
and went in to a special metaldealer.
Meet a guy and ask him if I can have a look in their crapbox of Brass
and he said " take until you are a shame" ;D ;D
Well I give him about 28 USD (200 SWE kronor)
and took so much I could carry, at least 30 kg :bow:

Mässing.jpg

Mässing.jpg

Nice find camm....if my math is right that's less that $.50 a pound. Can you enlarge the picture some so we can see the pile og goodies you got :)

Bill

I actually had an hour out at my local scrappy last week, after a friend told me there was a load of gym weights there.

After getting my grandson out of bed (he has a day off from college during the week), by the time we got there, they were all recycled, but after looking in the brass bins, I found a piece of 2" diameter brass tube (nice thickish wall, ideal for rechargeable gas tanks) over 50" long, and a piece of 1"x2" brass bar, 16" long. Total cost 15 UK pounds.
There was loads of 1/4" brass plate, but I have enough of that already, so didn't bother, maybe another time.

I later priced it up as if I was buying from a metal dealer, over 150 UK pounds.

You can get good days like that sometimes.

John

Hi Ove.
so you have got yourself brass for the flywheels on the Hog.. ;D
Nice find.
BTW: what about some pictures of what you'r building ::) we love pictures ;)
Ps. Do you have a Skype- adress. If not, get one and we can have a chat.
best
CS

Yes i find a big piece on ca 16x105 mmx 700
It will be pefect
Crankshafter I dont have skype now but Wiber on my phone, I will install skype to.

Back