low cost cnc routers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yeorgjx

When very-beginer in cnc-ing for doing "low cost" mistakes I made a small cnc router (for chinese tool like dremmel).I used 6mm big screw for leading the tool.Not ballscrews or something like these.I also used rails that are used in drawers,and no couplings but just rubber tube.These solutions were very cheap and fine working,as the 6mm screw has almost 0 backlash and low friction.I also used nema 23 motors and the working dimention was X 27cm Y 27cm Z7cm.
A photo,a 3gp video(zip) and a Sketchup file as attachments.

little.jpg

View attachment SKP_file.zip

View attachment V13-04-10_21.31.zip

See the next my friend.
The Bridge can move too,so I can work on bigger area.
It uses the same motor with the table.(using two screws)
When at new location the table must go back again.

IMG003.JPG

IMG008.JPG

IMG009.JPG

The black allen(one by each side) is to lock the Bridge on the table.
One of the two hexagon is to lock the bridge on the rails.
The table is moving on rails for drawers.
Leadscrews this time.
Only one switch used per axis.

IMG013.JPG

IMG011.JPG

The spindle is a Kenwood mixer.(Dont know the exact model but it is strong enough for this application and fast enough too)
A drimmer is for setting its rotational speed.
I would put a laminate trimmer but I can not find a cheap enough here.
In HARBOR FREIGHT, someone can find cheap enough but to sent them in Europe they ask amazing money.

I used the
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trapezoid...585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item336d645b31
to make the nuts.

I used the TB6560 4 axis drive.
At the manual of this driver (I dont know why) they suggest input pins of limmit switches to be active low.I putted them active high because if a cable for the switches is broken the Mach3 will refuse to RESET. I only have problem with the E-stop switch.I think it is because I did not use shielded cable.

I putted a Sketchup file of it at the downloads area

I found one more photo from the little router...let me post it.

DSC01192.jpg

Back