Lotsa free engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,
Let me add my thanks for your great site. As a Rookie on engines your site in an inspiration to me.

Jim

Johntom said:
The majority of files on my Steam Engines Plans pages have been sent to me for sharing and if there are any copyright issues the offending links will be removed.

It looks like the Fire eater plans by Anthony Davies are actually the Philip Duclos which is published in "The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos".

How do I know...
http://www.ldrider.ca/cnc/fire-eater/fire-eater-1.htm

I guess mine would be considered a variant in most respects except the critical dimensions.

John-Tom,

Nice website! I would be lost without it.

Christopher Vasconcelos

nice site john-tom thanks for sharing. jonesie

I too would like to welcome you John Tom to this site - great to have you. The plans on your site are the best range of starters and followers available and I will definitely be making plenty of use of a lot of them. When I get stuck I will know who to call!

(Had to have a play with the font/colour options)

Cheers,

Elmers plans are ALL open domain and free. It says so at the beginning of the plans page. If in one of is books, he published hoping they'd be freely distributed. At least that's what I have read. SO don't worry!!! Do you have Elmers # 43? If so, could I have a copy of the plans? Been very anxious to build but can find no plans at all. I have built over 24 Elmer engines and love them all. Always work first time. Can you help me or tell me where to go? Thanks. Swift Bob

Would anyone have the text from Live Steam magazine that had the stirling #3 engine in Elmer's engines website. It was July /August 1999. It looks interesting but I think I need more info. Thanks, TJ

would anyone

Blogwitch, I just re-checked and it is a stirling. It is listed under stirling and hot air engines on the website. Have a re-look. Tom

Tom,

I think where things went wrong is that you stated Elmers website, when it is in fact the John Tom website, and the engine you mention has nothing to do with Elmer Verburg.

If you go onto the Elmers part, you will see his #3 engine.

I also had a look at the plans for the one you talked about, and even though I am almost brain dead with regards to figuring some things out, I couldn't see anything basically wrong with the plans, just make the parts shown to VERY FINE tolerances, hammer it together with 6" nails and gorilla glue and it should run.

John

I'm still confused. The stirling I'm looking at is near the top of the website referenced in the original post. I've printed the plans and it is definitely a stirling. We must all be confused!

Latest posts

Back