Lost part

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cliff said:
When I ran my clock repair business I was trying to put a small spring back into it's barrel for a clock that was about 100 years old it got a way from me and disappeared in my shop I had to find it because to order or make a new one you had to have the old one for the size. So after tearing my shop apart searching every where, getting mad, getting discusted, and waiting on customers and about a hour and a half later I finally found it but for the life of me I don't how it got where it was at. Cliff.

OK Cliff, Now tell us the rest of the story. Don't leave us hanging like that! ???

Cheers :)
Don

A friend claims to use the following process on things with lots of fiddly bits and springs--

Lay out a white bedsheet in the middle of the floor. Sit in the center of that with the part and tools. Have someone come in and lay another white bedsheet on top of you and the other sheet. Begin disassembly.. ;D ;D

Hey Don I don't know what you mean. Cliff.

I don't know shred. If I'm between sheets...I'm not thinking dis-assembly.
I'm not thinking of much. At my age...I'm asleep.

Cliff said:
Hey Don I don't know what you mean. Cliff.

Cliff. This was the part I was thinking about when I asked about the rest of the story. "I don't how it got where it was at."

Cheers :)

Dom

Sorry for not knowing what you was talking about but it was laying under some things that it could not have rolled under - only the shadow knows. Cliff.

Back