Lost a PDF

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonman

Reaction score
Hi All, Me Again. I was surfing around here and came across a download for an old book of engine plans. Mostly single cyl aircraft engines. I was downloading the PDF and my internet quit. So the download didn't take. Now I can't figure out where I was. I remember there was info on an old club (organization type), now defunct. They put the book out.
Help! Ken

Yes Sir!! Thank You Very Much!! Woo-Hoo! I Appreciate It!
Ken

BTW ixb1, What is that motor you are holding in your Avatar?
Ken

I'm glad you're happy :)
I holding my previous 3,2cc baby (what you can find here).

I like down on model engines.

Back in early 1970's I almost started manufacturring Model engines. Even work on foundry patterns. The only my self and father finish was a muffler even pattern's for motor mounts.
Let's put this way, we decided to build aircraft hangar doors until market improvemed. That never happened .

Dave

Hi All, Me Again. I was surfing around here and came across a download for an old book of engine plans. Mostly single cyl aircraft engines. I was downloading the PDF and my internet quit. So the download didn't take. Now I can't figure out where I was. I remember there was info on an old club (organization type), now defunct. They put the book out.
Help! Ken
This a reply from one of the original members of what you have called "a defunct group" which was the Motor Boys International. Sadly many of the group now inhabit the great flying field in the sky, but a number of us are still around. We keep in touch but since the sad loss of Ron Chernich and his Model Engine News web site which was a way we kept in touch with the world, the group is no longer active.
I personally scanned our out of print book and made it available on Adrian's web site and I also assembled all of the so-called "members plans" into another book with pictures and commentary on the engines. This Members Only Plan Book is also available on Adrian's site and both books are also free to download at rclibrary.co.uk
All of this I reported here at the time I made the books available. When I get time to complete the task, I have another book in preparation of engines that can be built without castings, known as Bar-Stock engines.
You can see my own home built efforts at Flickr.com/photos/kcemb/albums/72157666328197690
Take care and stay safe
Ken

KenC. I'm sorry, maybe "Defunct" was an improper choice of words. My apologies.
I thank you for all the information. I look forward to your Bar-stock engines book.
Again My Apologies. Ken

Last edited:
KenC thanks for your work. I really liked the camcalc ? program when it was working. And the
engine balance was also very helpful.
Thanks for your efforts.

KenC. I'm sorry, maybe "Defunct" was an improper choice of words. My apologies.
I thank you for all the information. I look forward to your Bar-stock engines book.
Again My Apologies. Ken
No need to apologise, now aged 80 sometimes I definately feel defunct!
Ken

Latest posts

Back