Looks like I'm going to be making an IC..

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred

Reaction score
As I was wandering around an unimpressive estate sale on my way home I noticed an odd little wooden box in the garage. Had some contacts and wire terminals on it. The box was pretty nicely made-- finger joints and such. No markings but interesting. The guy in there pricing stuff said "do you know what that is? I said "nope, looks like some sort of old morse code or electrical thing'. He didn't know either, but it looked intriguing enough so I picked it up and a little voice way in the back of my head said "you've seen this before on the web, snag it". As nobody else there had a clue what it was, they threw it in free with the other junk I'd picked up.

BuzzCoil.jpg

Halfway home my trivia-addled brain (I even tried out for Jeopardy once ::)) popped up with 'Buzz Coil'. Sure enough, first hit on Google. Ford Model T buzz coil. Sweet! ;D

;D Nice score - at the perfect price!

Sweet find shred. Look to be in great shape too!!

Bill

Pat J said:
Nice find.
I have one of those somewhere.
Seems like the side slides open, and the coil is potted.

Pat J
Yeah, there are a couple nails holding the sliding side in place. I pulled them and it slides off to reveal a mass of black tar with some lumps in it. Word is you have to melt that out to effect repairs on the condenser or coils.

Back