Looks expensive!!! Me wants one:o)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool..................Makes my machining practices seem a bit 16th century....... :-\

Matt

They missed the tolerance mark by .00005" :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

You'd have thought for that kind of money you would get perfection. :-\

And that finish, what the heck is that all about ???

I feel like such a Neanderthal now. ::)

BC1
Jim

WOW!

That's almost scary!
I'd love to hear that mill running with that many parts in motion.

Rick

I can't even comprehend how anything like that can be programmed. I assume someone has to somehow describe the piece and a cutter path.

Neat. A $14,000 motorcycle helmet that won't go on your head.

I'll bet Jay Leno would love to have one of these machines, just for making hood ornaments. He could make good use of it just for that!

Dean

Every home workshop should have one.Donated by the government,of course. :big:

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour,
Australia

That's impressive. That machine is programmed by a CAM software. You tell it which part to machine, cutter, finish, and it writes the program for the mill cutting. You don't write 3D surface code by hand even for a three axis machine.

The software today shows you tool path before you run the actual part, assuming you tell it where your clamps, vises, etc. are located. It's still the same, garbage in garbage out, no matter how much you spend on software.
It's virtually impossible to prove out the program the old conventional way, single block, so once you get familiar with the software you kinda let each tool go to do it's thing & make adjustments later. It may look easy but you better know what your doing even if your are Jay Leno. Tell your boss you just wrecked his $600,000 machine because you put in the wrong tool length offset or you forgot to tighten the part in the vise. You won't see that in an advertisement, I see all the time.

Latest posts

Back