looking to join build group

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreggA

Reaction score
Im in san diego and looking for group build. I have 2 CNC machines, Mini Mill, and sherline 4400 lathe, as well as a jewlers lathe. I have built muli cylinder IC engines and countless live steam projects. Im no expert but Im pretty good and would like to contribute to a group build.
Please let me know if anybody out there needs a reliable team mate.
Thanks!

I think there is a couple people wanting to do a team build, I know I am one of them. But I think we have to wait in till the team build #8 is finished up first.

I think there is a couple people wanting to do a team build, I know I am one of them. But I think we have to wait in till the team build #8 is finished up first.

You need not wait. We did Team build #4 while one or maybe 2 others were in progress.

DSCN1313s.jpg~original

That's a nice looking engine Steve, how long did the team build take for that one?

Thanks for the replys!
I know nothing of this works so I am hoping someone will hold my hand getting started...so to speak.
I attached a picture of the tiny inline 4 I made a while ago. this pic is old and the engine was compleated.
Just an example of what I do....

dist2.jpg

GeggA and others ..

Steve is right on target ... don't wait .... start the planning.:):)

I also would like to participate as a builder.
Any takers to lead the team?

GreggA tells us little about your CNCs and what software do you use for solid models and g-code generations.

Path

Go back in the old posts and read team build 4. The first page shows how Tin went about organizing everybody and getting it going. Maybe you could use what he did as a template for this one.

Hi path.
As far as cnc I use,mach3 to handle my gcode and im working with dolph8n cad/cam and vectric v-carve also for some stuff. I have 2 cnc machines. One 8s a gantry style I desinged and made myself using a sherline spindle and the second is a prolight 2000 with smoothstepper board and servo drive converted to run mach 3. I scrapped the ol animatics dos base system and upgrade all the dlectronics. Runs nice and very accurate now.

Latest posts

Back