looking Good

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
I like the new look!
Rick you have earned a Gold Star sorry, You too Mike ;)
Mel

We are on our own host now. If a person wanted to add a whole page and do an article in depth we can do that now.

My buddie carny helped me a ton with the database, that was the tricky part.

you might have to upload a new avitar and some little issues like that.

Code:
NICE----------------------------------------NICE---------------------------------------NICE

Mike, being a puter dummy I think your going to have to tell me how to upload a new avitar. ??? Help
Mel

We have a gallery, I need to get it configured but we can host our own pictures and videos here.

http://homemodelenginemachinist.com/gallery/index.php

You can also attach files to a post too.

lugnut.gif

The gallery should be working. I will need to give other admins and mods their tools to keep it clean.

Im going to go to bed for the night. this was a little bit of a chore to do.

See you guys in the morning.

Mike and his friend carny deserve ALL the credit for putting this
together for us. They have been very busy for the past 36 hours.

I acquired the domain and server hosting at about 10:00PM
Wednesday night. A little more than 24 hours later we have this.

Thanks for all your efforts Mike and carny!
Great Job!!!

Rick

FANTASTIC job guys..nice work!....great new look, nice new features!

Mike :Fantastic job fixing the place up, or should I say building a new home. And moving all the furiture and goodies from the old one. Thanks from all the folks that hang out here. Looks like lots of cool buttons to play with!!!
Tin

Tin Falcon said:
Mike :Fantastic job fixing the place up, or should I say building a new home. And moving all the furiture and goodies from the old one. Thanks from all the folks that hang out here. Looks like lots of cool buttons to play with!!!
Tin

Thanks everyone , Carny and I have been working on sites for a while now. The last critical operation was the database conversion and thats where Carny did his magic. He has a couple of College degrees and does mission critical type computer work so he did that last step in a few minutes.

I love building websites and take great joy in seeing them getting millions of page veiws.

If anyone has questions or suggestions just let me know and I will rack my brain to make it happen.

If we haven't, it might be a good idea to disable posting on the old board so threads don't get split.

I have disabled new posts on the old server.
Members can still go in to recover any posts that may have
happened to miss the change over.

If anyone needs any help with that feel free to contact me!

Rick

How about explaining "Karma", "applaud" and "smite".

Also, is it possible to display the poster's location on the post as was done in the old software?

Overall it looks good and I'm looking forward to using it.

mklotz said:
How about explaining "Karma", "applaud" and "smite".

Also, is it possible to display the poster's location on the post as was done in the old software?

Overall it looks good and I'm looking forward to using it.

Marv the Karma is an opportunity for for someone to give an anonymous
positive or negative rating on any given post.
I'm not sure that will stay! :-X

For user location information, the first small icon under the users
name take you directly to their profile. If they have given that
information, it will be listed there.

Rick

Mike and carny, you have done an outstanding job!

There are going to be a few things that need to be addressed here and there, but this is really cool! Thanks!

Back